Dinner & Drinks at "The Italian Pasta House" C/Privada Santo Domingo

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I had eaten here once before,lunch,and liked what I saw,and ate!
So when the same friend who had taken me there for lunch,suggested we go there for dinner I thought it might be a good idea.When he said that HE was going to pay,I KNEW it was a good idea!!
He had been telling me about aall the "Specials"& "Promotions" that they offer.MONDAY:Kids eat FREE whith their parents!Tuesday:All the PASTA you care to eat,179 pesos,soup or salad!More "Specials" each night!
Four of us arrived,ready to put the place into "Bankrupcy"!!!
One guy looks like "Dom DeLouise",and I have been described on DR1,as an "800lb.Gorilla"!I didn't want any appetizers,but "Dom" was paying,so "What the hell!"
We had some boneless Buffalo "wings",actually chicken "Breasts".I have had these,and they are lightly breaded,with a "tangy" not to hot Buffalo Hot Sause,blue cheese dressing,carrot & celery sticks! Very Good!I will recommend them.We got some italian bread with melted cheese on top,again,very tasty!I recommend them.I had the ministroni soup,my friend got the salad,and another guest had the chicken soup.The ministroni was a hearty variety,with pieces of beef,and pasta.I found it "Thick",and with an "acid" taste.I strongly advise against it.The chicken soup was good.The Salad was really excellent! A fresh cool,crispy "Bib Lettuce" served on a large plate with "croutons"creamy oil & vinegar dressing,and fresh grated parmigione(sp?)cheese on top.A "MUST TRY!"
Now,on to the "ALL YOU CAN EAT PASTAS!"Fetuchini Alfredo,Spagetti Pomodoro,Mostacholi,Penne Mozzarella,Penne Carbonara,Spagetti Alla Bolognesa,Penne Milano,or any combination of sause(gravy in Boston!) and pasta you want! Served in large bowels,as much as you want!I had the Spagetti Bolognesa,the pasta was "al Dente",they all were!The meat sause was kind of like the ministrini soup,a little "bitter",like grandma needed to add a "pinch" of sugar to the "gravy"!I would NOT recommend the "Bolognesa"! The Fetuchini Alfredo was very very good!The Penne Carbonara,was "To Die For!""Al Dente" creamy,tasty bacon bits! Might be to heavy for some people.We are NOT counting calories here,as you may have guessed!This dish is a STRONG RECOMMEND! I would like to have the Carbonara sause over the fetuchini pasta!!!!!Other guest had Penna Pomodoro,light sause with fresh tomatoes.I did not try it,as I was finishing off "Dom's" Penna Carbonara.The best part was the pieces of bacon in the creamy sause in the bottom of the bowl!
They have a desert plate,to show you all their choices.All made in the "Pasta House"! Flan,Cheese Cake,Brownie with ice cream,Coconut Pie,lots of choices.Sorry to say,that our eyes were bigger than our stomachs,we could only eat 1 and a 1/2 orders of pasta each!
That is because we all wanted to have an "ICE CREAM SUNDAY" for desert!!! There is Vanilla, Chocolate,and Coconut.I had Coconut with Whipped Cream,no Chocolate,or Caramel Sause for me,I'm trying to cut down!It was excellent!

I will Strongly Recommend you try the pasta House!!! There are about 10 parking spaces right in front of the restaurant.It is Nice looking,super clean,prompt and courteous waitstaff,quiet,and you
should bring your kids!
For every 2,500 pesos you spend,you get a 250 peso gift certificate! Free dinner on your birthday,dinner for you and your spouse on your wedding anniversary! What more do you want???There is a lot of other dishes on the menu,but we went for the "Pasta Special".I plan to go there on Monday night,"Kids Eat Free From "Uncle Meatball's Menu"!,with the family!!! I'll let you know how it goes!!!'Buen Provecho"! Cris Colon

goatfarmnga

Bronze
Jun 24, 2003
Bravissimo!

Makes you want to dine tonight! I think you should make a section just for your reviews with no one else allowed to comment..no posters allowed Just your Restaurant comments..for people to get to look at anytime..Make any sense? :) Pam

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Hey Criss!

G'durnit! I just saw your invitation. Hubby has no problem with other men feeding the wife as long as they don't want something in return ;) If I hadn't been hanging around the DR1 Global Headquaters at about that time (Uncle Rob only gave me coffee and I had to bring my own cookies) I would have dropped by to ruin your reputation. Too bad. :)

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Great review! Convinced me to go have dinner there tonight.

The italian style potatoes and chicken marinara were great!!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
"The Penne Carbonara,was "To Die For!""Al Dente" creamy,tasty.... Might be to heavy for some people...." Criss Colon

Hey, you have mentioned "Penne" way too many times. Tell me who were the other 2 guys with you, Orlando and Gayboy23?

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Great review, I'd definitely check this place out next time I'm down there (hopefully it w/ still be opened for business?). S/d have a restaurant survey on DR1, like the Zagat survey in NYC, very informative. So, how many stars? that s/d be included so we have an idea how expensive it is.Thanks.

D & D

Jul 17, 2003
Pasta House

Criss:

There is a Pasta House in Santiago, any connection? Haven't tried that one yet.

I'm a sucker for a good Alfredo, only I prefer my pasta "al done te". I must confess my real weakness though. A big thick juicy filet (imported of course) with about a quart of bearnaise on the side.

There are several really good restaurants in Santiago. Cosa Nostra so far is my favorite. Pescado de Oro (?) is a close second to name two. Anyone else have any favorites here?

Dianne