Runners?

Ryan Smith

Apr 9, 2003
Hello, I just moved to Sosua and I'm working on an article for Running Times about runners and running in this area. Does anyone know of a club or group of runners on the North Coast?
Ryan Smith

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
We're talking about people who run for excercise, right? Not the ones running from Politur after swiping your billfold?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Horses are for running....

Keep running and run everyday for hours because by the time you reach 50+ years old, you will have all kinds of arthritis in axial joints ex: knee joints, hip joints etc. I have seen many runners who can't even walk straight by the time they reach 50 yrs old. The aches and pains become part of life.
So please enjoy your running now becuase soon you will run in to serious problems.

Have a nice day.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Ryan

With all the smoke in the air that the motoconchos emit you will be dead in 10 years if you plan on runing often. Try going swimming instead. More fun and healthier.
Larry

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
HHH

Ryan,
Have been all over the world and this is the first place that I've never seen or heard of the Hash House Harriers!! (HHH or hashers). so I doubt that there is a formal running club - at least not here on the North Coast.
For the uninitiated 'Hashers' are a group of people who run together, usually on a weekly basis - in reality it's a Drinking club with a Running Problem!!

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
LOL P&A!

What's the address of that drinking club. I want to join! I think Larry's right. I hate running (too damn slow!) but I used to walk for 3 hours a day in the US. In a little park with streams and trout. Very pretty. Great break from my day. Wanted to here, too. But the motos, and cars, and trucks, turned me off. I'd either get run over or die of the fumes. So now I just drink. Anyone want to joine in? I have a Johnny Leroux excercise tape here and we can practice some of those refrigerator/beer door pulls ...

Tom (aka XR)

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
So does this mean most here are top heavy?

Good biceps & shoulders; fine wrist action ... but skinny legs?
Oh dear, I shall have to rethink this DR move. I was planning an even healthier lifestyle.

Ryan, I run here in Canada, either on grass or dirt trails. I hate running in fumes.

Is it really as bad as you say, Larry? I agree about the swimming, though. During a visit to Barbados recently I'm sure I drank much more rum without ill effect... I figured it was the clean air, ocean, and sun.

So I take it the DR is unlike Barbados for clean air? I was thinking that in PP, the breeze is from the north, so technically if you lived near the ocean, to the east of town, the air would be ok?

Serious question.

Dawn

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Is it really as bad as you say, Larry? --dawnwil

In Sosua, Puerto Plata and Cabarete it is but when you get out in the country the air smells cleaner.

Larry

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
Larry, I guess I'll stick to swimming-- I do prefer it to running.

I lived in Ontario until last year-- great swimming, the most wonderful fresh water... for two or three months a year. But here in Alberta... nada.

Chris, good luck with the runner's article. I take it you're a freelancer?

Too bad there wasn't a Rummers Magazine! hee.

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Anti Hash!

XR,
Perhaps we should start an Anti-Hash Club where you're not allowed to do any exercise other than lift your right arm!! That worked for us in Bangladesh!!
Peter - "What's for dinner darling"?
Alex - "Liquid chicken darling"
Peter - "Just make sure that you don't put the cork back in my lunch then"!

goatfarmnga

Bronze
Jun 24, 2003
Ryan..You may have to start your own club!

Listen to AZB..He knows alot on that subject..Ask him his profession.. .He is telling the truth about the pains you may find later in life... XR..Too funny once again..Walking is your best bet (even if to get your drink..:)) although I am too lazy these days to even do that.. The thread is about writing a story for a running magazine..Never heard any DR1ers speak of running except from women and sankies..:) Pam

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Ah one and ah two and ah :: puff :: uh. Arghhh! Ok that's enough of that! Time for a cigarette ...