Pueblo Bavaro

charna

Aug 30, 2003
Hi everybody!
I'd like to relocate in DR (very much), and searching real estate in the web I found some information (not much) about the new "Pueblo Bavaro" project, which offers new cheap houses & appartments. (I've been in Punta Cana, ten minutes away from there and I love it!).
Have anybody heard something about this project? About the investment group involved in it? About what kind of people live or will live there?
I'm a little bit scared of making such a move so... blindly. I need information!!!!!! Thank you all!

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
In simple terms, Pueblo Bavaro is a project that is being marketed as housing and services for the hotel and resort workers of the Punta Cana and Bavaro area. The developers mean to create a new city ranging from 40-70 thousand. At present, a great number of the workers travel each day to and from Higuey to the resorts, a 45 min to 1 hr trip, one-way. Regards, PJT

diaz

Aug 7, 2003
I was wondering about that place. Aside from the cartoon pictures they provide on their web-site which might impress a looney tune, it sounds like it will be nice. Does anyone know what Sol de Bavaro is? I really couldn't find much with regard to real estate in Bavaro (apartment rentals). Is this because there are smaller towns within Bavaro? I live in a county and within that county are several small towns...is this the case? Why can't I find anything substantial over the net? I have been looking for quite some time now and have come to the conclusion that there is either squat to be found or I'm just not hitting the right links. Does anyone know the names of some Apartment complexes?

I had requested info on a road map earlier and someone kindly helped out but I still have yet to get a detailed map of the area. Funny thing though, the info sent said detailed map. Now not for nothing, this was not the case. I can look up my county on the net, punch in my address and it will pin point my house. Pretty scary sh*t huh. Anyway, that's kinda what I'm looking for. I will be there on the 20th and soooo trying to gather my info prior.

Ewww, how about a web site showing pictures of the town? Not the resorts or beaches but town life. There seems to be plenty of those for other areas in Dominican Republic.

Good grief, help a sister out.

oldhippy

Jul 22, 2002
Here is a link to 2 maps of the area....plus a link to budget tips and rooms, if staying on more independently.

Diaz..on your 1st map you have, look at #12 and that is where the project mentioned above is going...and that map is more detailed than you think!

Upon arrival...look out for the Texaco and Friusa, and that is at the gateway of the road, going into El Cortecito, and Bavaro Plaza.

http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25445

oldhippy

Jul 22, 2002
Diaz...20 years or so ago this area was only coconuts and miles and miles of sugar cane....that ment absolutely nothing was here!

Bavaro was a planned phased resort developement...they owners even had to build the airport to fly folks in.

That is why the workers presently live in Higuey over 45 minutes away...it was & is the closest town!

No infrastructure means...no roads, no town...nothing at all but "all inclusive" hotels, and a road from the airport to them...so that is why you are having a hard time finding more detail....there isn't much/any to report at the minute!

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
diaz said:

Ewww, how about a web site showing pictures of the town? Not the resorts or beaches but town life. There seems to be plenty of those for other areas in Dominican Republic.

Good grief, help a sister out.

Bavaro, is a place, a name for a spot on a map, it is not an town. It is a distant part of the greater municipality of Higuey. It is occupied by resorts, hotels, golf courses, residentials, barrios, colmados, plazas, roadside fruit stands, blah, blah, blah. The Pueblo Bavaro project is the attempt by the government and developers to support the resort infrastructure by luring enough investors and subsequently residents to allow the government to incorporate the Bavaro into its own municipality. However, this will not be done until housing and census levels meet set political and other goals. Regards, PJT

Last edited:

diaz

Aug 7, 2003
Thank you for all the information. I guess it's safe to say I've banged my head up against a wall for no reason. I could have been put out of my misery a long time ago...Geesh. Wow, no roads...LOL. That's beautiful. Ok, so if New York is like a big plate of rice and beans, then I'm looking at a place that's a single bean on a plate but cut in half. Do I get a fork?

charna

Aug 30, 2003
Thanks PJT! I've already visited the site and I've made contact with them by e-mail. Nevertheless I guess I should go there and spend some time around in order to decide, as you suggested.
But I have another question: I sent my c.v. to CapCana (thinking that there's a chance to get a job there as an architect). Do you think it could help if I phone them?