Information on new regristration

dreamer28078

Feb 15, 2002
If someone can help me out with finding the proper channels to go through as far as getting new plates for vechicles. Where do you go and how much does it cost? Also when is the deadline for this, and how are they enforcing this. Thanks

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Have you tried yet??

Great fun trying to get the new registration plates for the jeepetta this last week for those living in Cabarete or Sosua!!!
First day - Go to Sosua Municipal Offices, first office on the left. Computer not working but we have all the new plates here in a box and new metricula!
Second day - Two hours more please! Computer not working.
Third day - Computer bueno!! Printer for metricula not working.
Fourth day - Printer still not working come back later.
Fifth day - Hurrah!!! Computer, printer and little guy behind the desk are all working!!! Get to front of line and hand over old papers and all required documents. Sorry, not today!!?? We are only doing cars this week!! Maybe in 2 weeks time we do jeepetas?? Sooooooooo........ we take his phone number and will call him every week until they are doing our vehicle stuff????
Will try and remember to post again when we achieve something worthwhile.
Suddenly I've been very Dominican busy it seems??? Hee Heee Heeee!!!!!:confused: :bored: :disappoin :cross-eye

dreamer28078

Feb 15, 2002
Thanks

Thank guys for trying. They want you to do this stuff in the middle of the year without giving you the proper information you need. What are the necessary paper work to take with you and does anyone know how much it costs.

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Required Docs

Required documents appear to be:
Copy of Cedula or passport
Copy & original of Metricula
Any change of ownership papers
Costs:? Depends on the type and age of your vehicle.

dreamer28078

Feb 15, 2002

Thanks again for the information, I know it will be handy when the time comes for me to finally get this over with.

gerd

Jan 10, 2002
Cool, I went there 10AM this morning, Sosua, with all the required papers and but was only told to come again in " maybe one hour or so" for a second intend.

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
The government is trying to be more organized this time. You are supposed to renew your matr?culas in the same order as the first letter on the current plates. I think today is the last day to renew plates beginning with the letter A.

S

Stephen

Our Experience

Went to Banco Progreso in Puerto Plata yesterday. It took 5 minutes to get the new matricula and plate. All we brought was the original matricula (old one) and a copy of cedula.

Paid the $2300+ and were on our way. That was for a car. They said to try again in about 2 weeks for the Jeep.

One thing though, the address on the new matricula is wrong. They blame it on the records in the computer and say they can't change it.

Both the old matricula and cedula have correct address' so who knows where this one came from. Correct street, wrong number and cafemba instead of Costambar. They said don't worry about it! Who knows.

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Jeepetas

Did the new plates for our Nissan Pathfinder last Friday (19th) in Sosua at the Municipal Offices. Old metricula and copy of cedula - no problem - all done in 5 minutes!
Problem is my new metricula is in the name of the previous owner!! Cannot change that here says the guy, you have to go to POP. Ah well, at least I've got a new shiny plate on the old rusty jeep!

pasha

Sep 4, 2003
Escott said:
I was on topic. If you cant take the heat get the hell out of the kitchen.
Scott are you talking to yourself again? This looks serious.

Best, P

S

Stephen

I can't believe this..................

...............I finally got around to getting the new matricula for our Jeep. I previously posted on this thread about the first problem with the address of our car. The second car had even another address, and today the Jeep has District Nacional instead of Costambar, Puerto Plata with no street or street number. By the way two of these cars were purchased brand new within the last year, so it's not like they mixed them up with a previous owner.

ALL of the matricula's that were turned in were Correct.......How can they be correct at first and then when you go to renew them they are all wrong???????????????

I know I'm being stupid by asking the question, but I'd just like to hear someone else say the answer!

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
Why do you guys bother dealing with this hassle yourselves?

I bet Fabio does not go down personally to renew his license plates. I bet any amount that he has someone do it for him!

Do the same as the smart Dominicans.. ;-)