Want to buy in DR

azules

Sep 1, 2003
Hello everyone

We are from Canada (Montreal). We have the intention of buying something on the north coast (Cabarete).

We would like to seek some advise.

Thanks guys,

Asta luego

Azules

Paul Thate

Jan 11, 2002
buying in the DR

If you need advise at this stage, you better come here first
Come and visit and rent short term , thats real easy.
and not neccessarely expensive. and look around.
Post you arrived and want to meet some residents.
Many of us will be real pleased to be of help.
do not start with saying you want to buy a house or the sharks
are after you.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
azules, what sort of advice are you looking for? A good starting point would be the archives for general information since the subject of buying property has been discussed often. Here is the link; the titles of the threads will tell you which ones might be of most interest http://www.dr1.com/forums/search.ph...d=215607&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

To get an idea of what is available, I recommend that you email Dean Brown, an expat American who is the Century 21 representative for the north coast. He is one realtor that I can recommend to you without reservation. His email address is wandabrown@codetel.net.do

There are two attornies in the Sosua/Cabarete area that I can recommend to you: Fabio Guzman, the lawyer who answers questions in the Legal section of the board, and Guido Perdomo. Fabio's website has information about purchasing property that might be of interest http://www.drlawyer.com/txt/articlesreal.html

As Paul Thate indicated, coming to the DR and getting acquainted, if only to be sure this is where you want to have your home, or second home, is a very good idea. But there is no reason why you can't familiarize yourself with the process of buying property in the DR, as well as what is available in your price range, while you are in Canada.

ecarignan

Jan 9, 2003
www.commtech.ca
azules. checkyour PM. I'm in Gatineau, Qc a short distance from MTL. Went through the process of purchasing a villa there. You can ask me anything.

ecarignan