Need help ; work and live in Santo Domingo

ludorrico

Sep 2, 2003
Hi , i am presently finishing a Bachelors in Business Admin. in Montreal (Canada) and i plan on coming to live in the Dr as soon as January (or end-of -december). Just though i would post this message in case anyone in interested (i can send you my Cv in Spanish if needed) as i have various experiences. i speak Spanish, English and French.
Also if anyone would have any suggestions about living in Santo Domingo. I really dont need a expensive or big place or the nicest place but being downtown is a must for me...i guess a Studio appartment would be perfect (dont know if anyone can give me a idea) also i read about family stays which would definately interest me but i am having trouble finding any info on that.
I have been in contact with various Chambers of Commerce but i would like to have a better idea of the cost of life in Santo Domingo before going further with any interesting opportunity : my biggest concerns are: sleeping, eating ,being downtown or not too far...
Muchas gracias !
Sinceramente,
Ludovic.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Lots of adds in the newspaper classifieds about

"Studios",and also "Rooms" in Family homes!You can get a room in the area you want after you get here.You are a desirable tenant because "foreigners",pay their rent! CCC

"OH",are you "FRENCH" Canadian?? I may have to take that back!;)

ludorrico

Sep 2, 2003
Re: Criss

Hi Criss, thank for your response...so your advice is to get there with some $$$ and find something once i'm there..i think thats a better option cause i dont want to get any surprises...
Re: am i french canadian ??? actually im french from France , raised in Spain and studying in Canada..but for many yes i am french Canadian !!!
Take care

Ludovic;)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Good to see that you have a sense of humor,you will need that here!

Since you are French,and raised in Spain I must also tell you that you will need to bathe two times a day here, AND use a deodorant!!!!;) ;) Just kidding you!!!! Jobs are hard to find,and pay little.Maybe something in the hotel business,using your language skills! Best of luck! cc:cool: