Remember the thread about plastic Surgery?

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
in the DR. I said that Brazilians get more elective plastic surgery than anyone else and people argued with me?

Reuters

Brazilian Women Vainest in World -Study
Mon Sep 1, 5:38 PM ET Reuters

BRASILIA, Brazil (Reuters) - Brazilian (news - web sites) women care more about their appearance than any other women in the world, with half prepared to undergo plastic surgery to keep their looks, a recent study shows.

In Brazil, where being called "vain" is often a compliment suggesting self-respect, 86 percent of women said they tried extremely hard to improve their looks compared with an average of 67 percent worldwide, according to the 2003 global women's survey by cosmetics company Avon.

Ninety percent of Brazilian women classified beauty products as an essential rather than a luxury, compared with an average of 77 percent worldwide, Avon said, citing its survey of 21,000 women in 24 countries.

Looking good in Brazil is a national pastime. Nowhere on Earth is plastic surgery more popular on a per-capita basis than in this nation of 175 million people.

Others point to the nation's predominantly tropical climate where men and women wear less clothes and are more concerned about making the best of what they have on show.

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
I remember reading that one. Talk about vindication.

If I remember correctly, someone voiced concerns about quality of the surgery compared to cost. I wonder if this means Brazil's reputation would be comparable to US?

D