Sex Tourism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigglebelly

Aug 12, 2003
Hi...

A poster, on a now closed thread, asserted that he went to the DR for the purpose of getting easy access to sex and booze. I would hate to be associated with that sort of thing. It is my belief that sexual exploitation of the poor by the rich ( or relatively rich ) is on par with slavery.

Is sex tourism very wide-spread in the DR? What are the places to avoid? Is there anything that the DR authorities can or will do about it?

Ever since I read that post, these things have been grating on my psyche.

Thanks

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Jigglebelly said:
Hi...

A poster, on a now closed thread, asserted that he went to the DR for the purpose of getting easy access to sex and booze. I would hate to be associated with that sort of thing. It is my belief that sexual exploitation of the poor by the rich ( or relatively rich ) is on par with slavery.

Is sex tourism very wide-spread in the DR? What are the places to avoid? Is there anything that the DR authorities can or will do about it?

Ever since I read that post, these things have been grating on my psyche.

Thanks

How is sex on par with slavery? If two(or 3or4) consenting adults having sex is grating on your psyche then you should reconsider visiting the DR or anyplace else for that matter.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I'm moving this over to General.

Let's not forget that sex tourism exists in most countries on the planet. Plus it includes both males and females. Yes, many females travel to the DR for sex. Are "sankies" being exploited? Do females get labeled like males?

Is going to Vegas and having a bachelor party with a bunch of hookers considered slavery? Is it considered sex tourism? Just open your local newspaper or yellow pages. How many ads do you see promoting the exchange of money for sexual services? Is a guy that lives in New York that travels to Miami and visits a hooker considered a sex tourist?

In my experience, most people that talk about "sex tourism" in the DR have absolutely no idea how it operates. They just stick a label on it that makes their conscious feel better.

I also think you need to look at the industry as a whole in the DR. It's dominated by individuals, not organized pimping. Plus it's a locally driven market, not tourists or foreigners. If you removed all the tourists from the country, prostitution would still exist.

I'm not advocating sex tourism, but I also understand why some girls decide to exchange sex for money here. When you have two kids at the age of 18, by two different fathers that don't support them, you need to survive.

Pause... I could go on and on about this subject.

This is a suggestion to some of our tourists. Instead of staying locked up in your all-inclusive for the duration of your stay. Why don't you get out and spend some money in the local community. Go eat at a local restaurant, go buy some stuff in a local shop.
This type of spending eventually trickles down into the local economy. It provides more jobs, more opportunities and it might provide a reason for the 18yr mother not to sell herself.

Last edited:

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
choices

We all make choices in life. We all all opportunities. You look at "poor" Dominican women as being exploited because they are sleeping with tourists for money? They all have the opportunity to buy a plane ticket to the US and start a life here. It dosen't cost that much and with the network of Dominicans in place uptown manhattan, they have a place to go and get started. However, they choose to stay there. They think if the get $30 from a tourist that they are taking advantage of HIM. Then they blow the money on clothes or booze or what have you. Does that put them on a par with slaves? I dont think so. They have made a choice. You have to re-evaluate your line of thinking here or like Scott said, "avoid the country". You should also learn a little more about what you are talking about before jumping on here and ranting and raving about whats right, wrong, exploitive, what have you. You dont know what you are talking about.
Larry

KenoshaChris

Jan 4, 2002
Geez Jigs, if you didn't know that existed, what are you even doing on this board? And Larry, you missed one link. Even if they could afford to but a ticket to JFK (and alot of them can), what do they do when they're turned back because they don't have a Visa. Its very difficult for an ordinary Dominican to get a Visa to enter the U.S. Otherwise Larry, I agree with alot of what you said.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
You are right Chris. Even if they could just pack a bag and leave they wouldnt though. They know what lays ahead in NY....WORK. Most of these girls are lazy with a capital L. They sleep all day and then hang out in puta bars all night. They spend all their money on booze, cigarettes,drugs and clothes. They are in a cycle of sleeping in their own beds, sleeping in hotel rooms with foreigners and sleeping in jail cells. Dosent bother them. Its better than working isnt it? They know once they get on the plane to Nueba York the big R is waiting there for them...Responsibilidad.
Larry

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I hear that Your opinion is not uncommon in peoplenVatican City is the place to go!!!

If you want to avoid "Sex Tourism"! Maybe you should move there instead of anywhere else in the world!(Assuming that you have no young children that is!)
You really need to get out more! You probably won't like the DR! "SEX" of all types is very "out Front" in this culture! Dress sexy,dance sexy,talk sexy,be sexy,and most important,"Have Sexy"!!!! Often,with lots of partners!!!!
Your opinion is very common in "Westerners" who have no idea what life is like on 90 % of this planet!
How about "Extrem Povert",that bother you too? Then don't come here! How about if you have to take a piss at noon in downtown Santo Domingo,where do YOU go? We just face away from the largest concentration of peo[ple (Courtesy You Know!) and let it fly!Like to"litter'? This is tha place for you! "Throw it,or "Spit it" where ever you feel like! Like lots of stinky rotting garbage,"Come On Down"!!!

"Where should I go to avoid it?" Sounds like you better stay in your own livingroom! CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC:confused:

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
What's the unemployment rate in the DR?
As far as responsibility goes, where are the daddies in this equation?
If they are sitting on the corner drinking and playing dominoes, well, it seems Margaret Thatcher said it pretty well:
"the women always get left holding the baby"
mk

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Sex tourist sites

Here are a few sex tourist places you should not visit. Stay away from the Times Square area in New York, Eight Avenue, Ninth, Eleventh Avenue all the way from 42nd. to 34th. Street, Roosevelt Ave. in Jackson Heights, Wells street under the L tracks, Rush St., near the Bulls stadium in Chicago. Want to know some hot spots in Collins Avenue? Hey Philly is hot too. How about Pittsburgh by the river? Any others you might be interested?.

Of course, stay away from Barcelona, Madrid, Rome and other European cities. Our girls are there to serve you well.

We are proud to have the best sex in Latin America. No man who comes to DR needs a wife or girlfriend. No need for cold showers. Those who store cum and sperm for a better day are at risk. Your cum will be running here everyday. This is fun town. Boca Chica is fun town. Bavaro is fun town. Juan Dolio is fun. Sosua is hot, hot, hot. So is La Romana. Women are a dime a dozen at Punta Cana. Our Barrios have so many pretty girls it makes you sick not to have 20 human bodies with your own brain, so you can f-ck your brain to death.

So join the priesthood. Better yet, cut your dick off, because even our priests are having the time of their life. We have sankies for those with double life and our homos are finally free from closet fear. You got to see some of our Trannies. You need to check underneath before you date any women in the Colonial zone. We are sin town.

TW

Jigglebelly

Aug 12, 2003
sex tourism exists in most countries

Touche'

Even here in Boston it exists. Men from the naval bases in CT come here to get drunk and laid.

I guess what really concerns me is whether or not the DR is turning into Latin America's answer to Bangkok. I understand that some people voluntarily choose to go on the game. That happens everywhere for both need and greed. The part that I would have the most trouble with is kidnapping to fill the brothels or parents selling their daughters into the trade. Yes I bet it does happen, but is it highly visible and tacitly accepted, as it is in Thailand or the Phillipines?

My origional impression was that the sex trade was primarily made up of free agents who are looking to marry into money. I do make a distinction between gold diggers and veritable slaves.

Then again, maybe I am being too prudish. Maybe I over-examined that one message.

Jigglebelly

Aug 12, 2003
We are sin town

LOL !!!!

Golo you sure know how to drive a point home! No I can't be a priest -- don't have enough access to young school boys. No need to cut my organs off either. I have been gracefully resigned to celebacy for so long that they are shriveled and nearly gone.

Where were you 20 years ago when I could have done something about it?

HA HA HA HA

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
so this guy gets in to a Boston cab and asks the cabbie:
"do you know where I can get scrod?"
and the cabbie says:
"yeah, but I never heard it in the pluperfect subjunctive before!"

ba dum pum
mk

andy a

Bronze
Feb 23, 2002
You guys are too hard on him.

All he wanted was a few specific addresses to avoid.

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
Jigglebelly, what your doing is like walking into the waiting room of a brothel

and saying to the Johns, hey isn't prostitution something to avoid and where can I go to avoid it. :)

Read the following thread on DR1 for more information on the issue of SexTourism in the DR and the nature of the people you are talking too. I think you will find it quite informing.

Sextourism

In general, no one sells anyone here in the DR, but if your family is hungry it is sad what you will do for money (and for other reasons). In general if you either stay in the (Major) All-Inclusive resorts, or stay away from all resort areas you should be ok. Small businesses for tourism, tend to do bottom feeding and as such, cater to the Sextourist. Don't flaunt the fact that your a tourist either, or Sextourism will find you. I find it sad how so many here feel they can pass judgement and say this is a way of life and needs to be accepted, these people should not look in the mirror too closely, and generally don't truely understand the Dominican Republic.

Please note: many threads on this issue tend to get closed when they get too hostile towards Sextourism.

-Lee

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Thats one way to look at it!

"SOME" (read:most!)Western women have a really hard time accepting the fact that men (yes, even your husbands!)like to have uncommitted sex with lots of partners,the prettier and younger the better!Its like a "New Car" to us! Sure you have to pay for it,so what!That shows other men that we have discretionary funds! It "Rides" like a dream,"corners great,and still has a lot of "Miles" to go!!!
It scares women that they may lose the support of a man for her and her children to a "Newer Model"! Not True!!! Just let us get our "Ashes Hauled" by a different truck once in a while,and we will be fine! We feel nothing for these young "fillies" except lust!!
What you need to worry about is the secretary where your husband works.If he starts having a "Relationship" with her,it could actually jeorpardise your marriage!!! He is looking for companionship,compassion,more than sex! It means you are having real problems with your relationship! Watch Out! If he just wants to pay for a nice "Piece of ass"once in a while,"Forget About IT"!You will reap the rewards at home! He will screw you more,while he fantasizes about her!!!"Oh!" I forgot,you are a "Western Woman" sex is about power and control,not about love or passion! You don't want to have sex with your husband,unless you absolutely must!!! CCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Last edited:

MaryS

Feb 13, 2003
I apolize in advance moderators

"Oh!" I forgot,you are a "Western Woman" sex is about power and control,not about love or passion! You don't want to have sex with your husband,unless you absolutely must!!!

You're such an idiot. How dare you catagorize all "western women" like this. Just because you have to/want to pay for sex doesn't mean western... ie... american women only want to if they "must". There's no must about it.

I can't believe I've crawled into the gutter with some of you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.