just to say hello to all

Lin

Sep 4, 2003
Hi

I'm new on this board and want to say hello to all and to thank you for all the information I get through this site.

First of all my apologies for the language faults, my first language is french, my second is dutch, so I do the best I can.

I live in Belgium and have never been in the DR but one of my sons who is 22 is staying there at the moment for two months. He was there last year too.

I looked then for more information about living in DR and found this site. This year too it is through this board that I can have an idea on what's happening there, it's for me a manner to feel closer to him and therefore I felt the need to thank you all.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Welcome to DR1. We are one big disfuctional family here but we love each other in spite of it all.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Welcome, Lin. And no need to apologize for your English. We would never have guessed it isn't your first languge if you hadn't told us.

Where is your son staying? Is he visiting here, working, going to school?

Lin

Sep 4, 2003
thanks for these welcome words

My son is there on visit.

There is in Belgium a little community of Dominicans and via via friends he went last year for a month in a family in San Isidro, and really he enjoyed this very simple life, the kindness of people, their hospitality and was really treated like one of the other sons in the house, but... that beautifull girl next door..he is young, she is young, and love was in the air.

He came back to Belgium, back to school, and every week they called each other and love was still in the air.

So from august to october he is back in DR, staying in her family in Pimentel now. And of course, I am wandering what's the next step. He finished school, is ready to jump into life, but where, how??? So many questions. Therefore I try to take "temperature" of what's going on in DR through this board

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
Lin said:
Hi

First of all my apologies for the language faults, my first language is french, my second is dutch, so I do the best I can.

Welcome Lin,
Your English is excellent! I wish my Spanish was half as good as your English!!!!!
John

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Bienvenue ici!

I hope you have fun here.

this is a good place to keep tabs on what is happening in the Dominican Republic.

Don't worry about your English. If I had a third language like your English I would be "Oh so happy!"

As for your son, he is following in the path of thousands of men, and lots of women, who have become enchanted with the people here.

I would advise you and him to read the Three Golden Rules on thinking about marrying a Dominican. I think it is in the Men are from Mars section of this board.

the rules are not ironclad but they do offer some insights..

HB

kelley

Sep 11, 2003
hello

Hi Lin,

I'm a newcomer to this site as well....have been looking to talk to people from there as well!! It took a long time to find this site!! I live in DR for a while and have been around it a nice place

see you around

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Welcome to DR1. We are crazy and dysfunctional but it's one big family. Remember this: swing, duck, and then run.

P.S: Your English is excellent, wouldn't have thought it was your third language judging by your English here.