Just got back:(

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
Well, US AIRWAYS cancelled their flights from DTW to Philadelphia due to weather so I had to use Northwest to MIA, and then AA to SDQ and arrived in airport around 11pm Aug 26th, 9 hours later than I expected. Changed money at airport was 33.? Taxis were charging 18US to go to Boca Chica, got one to take me for 15us. Arrived in Boca Chica, quickly unpacked, showered and hit Cosmos Disco. Music was crappy and not many girls that I liked so went across street for a coffee at Criolla for coffee, was da.n tired. Went to Los Pinos, my hotel, 30US a night for hotel and in BC always stay there, with a girl who liked me and asked me for 300Pesos in morning, I obliged but didn't have 300 so I gave her 500RD. Spent next day at beach and checked in with Peter and Fleming at La Playa Vista. They are doing well.

I ate there and later in the day at the Heinekessel or something like that, I personally like the food there and a meal is about 250RD for a steak with a drink. Was at beach and met an Italian tourist woman, older than me but not bad and she was staying at Residence El Candil and anyways, after drinks went back to her hotel. Actually the El Candil is a nice hotel. Later that night went to the La Cueva disco and only one other person in there so I left and hit Duarte St. Kind of mad that Madhouse and Austria are shut down but spent time outside of Zanzi Bar and hired musicians to play me Frank Reyes "Nada de Nada" and "No lo Perdona Dios" by Aventura also sung by Kiko Rodriguez. Was a little intoxicated but was tired of hearing the techno crap coming from the Cosmos disco and they wanted 100RD but gave 120RD. Beers vary so much by place but generally 40-50RD, not for the grandes, the pequenas. Got my shoes shined by young boy who wanted 10RD but gave 20RD because he wasn't annoying me like some of the other boys, always rubbing their bellies asking for money for food. Went with a girl from the Cosmos and gave her 1000RD in morning.

Aug 28,
Spent all day drinking and swimming, what a great combination, I'm a dumb ass at times. During the day I enjoy La Playa Vista and hate the long wait at Banco Popular and received 32.? for Traveler's cheques. I'm in a bad mood trying to get ahold of Yesenia so I can see my son and I can't get ahold of her and she is not in Santo Domingo anymore according to her cousin. I don't believe her so towards evening I catch a bus from Boca Chica to Santo Domingo. It costs 25RD and take a taxi to address of cousin and costs me 70RD. Cousin is there with her two children and says she is back in Sajoma. Take publicos to La Sirena Supermercado, cost 7RD for each route and at times I paid for 2 seats because I hate 4people in the backseat of a little Honda type of car. Went shopping bought a bunch of Presidente's, figured I would try some wine and bought a bottle of Carmen for 495RD and a cheaper one, Santa Rita that was close to 300RD, both are Chilean wine from Santiago region. Managed to catch bus back to BC. Went to my hotel and cooked in the kitchenette, sirloin steaks, yucca, and rice with mixed vegetables. Wasn't overly fond of yucca and am disappointed because no where am I able to find fresh mushrooms. Go out after eating and feel like crap so I go back to room and drink the wine, Santa Rita isn't good at all, the Carmen is much better. Fall asleep.

Aug 29th,
I am mad because I took this trip not for fun but to see little Howie and go to Costa Lunga internet center and post another email telling her where I am staying, the tele number, etc. Go to beach again and get massage in my room. 500RD for about 2 hours. Go back to La Playa Vista and see an older man from Boston who lives there in BC and tell him about the DR1 reunion at the Beer Haus and he says he is going to be there, and later he tells another day he went and about 8 or so people there but I don't go though I wanted to as next day will show. Get phone call from her and I find she is back at her mom's and so I am going tomorrow to San Jose. I sleep alone.

Aug 30th,
Get up early and take bus to Santo Domingo. Catch cab and go to Metro station. It costs 140RD for ticket to Santiago. Go to Santiago about 2.5 hour ride but slept most of the way. Extremely hungry and eat at the Burger King next to the bus station. Catch taxi from Santiago to San Jose and asks for 400RD but made it safely after all those damn curves and pay 450RD. Exit cab and walk up to the house and see my boy. He looks wonderful: healthy, beautiful, and I am happy. Oh I went shopping at the Plaza Central in Santo Domingo and bought 4 sets of clothes and 3 toys. Kinda pricey in one of the baby stores but I didn't care, just bought what I thought looked good. Eat supper there and have this really sweet dessert with coconut, milk, maybe they told me it was 3 different types of milk, but I go outside and lose my lunch, it was good but it was too sweet for me. Enquire about renting a scooter and get a relative to rent me one for 150RD a day and am told about a new hotel at the Ventana River ouside of Sajoma. I take the scooter, been too long since I had a dirt bike and wanted this automatic scooter: and ven not checking gas like a fool and run out, a fellow driver on a Yamaha dirt bike comes back in several minutes and am grateful and I give 200RD and he thanks me but tells me it is too much but he wishes me well and heads on. I check out the hotel, Hotel Sajoma "Ventana Rio Lindo" and check out the rooms, a single room is 500RD but I choose the double for 700RD because it has a kitchenette. I like the hotel and I enjoy swimming in the river.

Am tired of typing but go to Igua Bar one night and cover is 100RD and has the musician who was formerly with Tony Rosario, sorry the name escapes me. He is great and very energetic almost like a man possessed. See girls looking at me but the single ones are all sitting at tables together and I get up my courage and go to one and give her my hand and we dance. Dance with several and I have a good time. Very beautiful women there in San Jose and very passionate as well. Really enjoyed the time with my son and I spend most of my time together with him and Sept 3 return back to BC because I have a flight to catch on the 4th, run into Ricktoronto, talk a short while and he brought a translator down for me on a previous trip and purchase it. Thanks Rick. Run into Jim Hinsch at La Playa Vista and say hi but of course he doesn't know me and says he is glad I enjoy his posts but is really busy and can't really keep up with DR1 right now. Anyways, I had a good time, had some nice women, met some great people, learned to dance much better, and spent time with Howie. That's all.
dale7(Howard)

Last edited:

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Howard,
I am happy you got to see your son and that he is doing well. I hope doing so will be easier for you in he future. Take it easy man.
Larry

chicker

Jan 1, 2002
Nice trip report,

Thanks for taking the time to post it. As I am headed back to the DR in 2 months, gives me a good idea of what things are costing these days. I wish I had your gift of brevity :)
Thanks again,
SLM

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Good post, Dale7. that's great that you spent time with your son. Good luck in the future and keep on rockin', dude:cheeky: :cool:

goatfarmnga

Bronze
Jun 24, 2003
Nice guy...

Little Howie is lucky you care enough for him to go all the way to the DR to visit him! You are a nice guy to stay involved with him. That is great! Glad to hear of your whole trip..you sure get around...too funny! :) Pam

ClippedWing

Jan 12, 2002
Hey, I've been following your story for awhile and I'm sorry how things turned out with your girl... I can't remember if you answered this or not, but have you gotten a blood test to make sure he's really yours? If you did take a test and found out he wasn't yours would you still be a part of his life?