Banking in the DR?

ronks

Aug 13, 2003
Good people

I have read many of the past threads as relate to moving to and living in the DR but could find no references as to which banks are up front, secure, historically stable and inspire confidence. I realize after reading about the scandalous behavior of some of the banks (and the government for that matter) that I may be describing an oxymoron by refering to secure banking in the DR. However, I must explore all avenues as I hope to place some of my money somewhere in the DR and to draw off the account, probably using a debit card. Would anyone like to advise me about which banks have an EXCELLENT record of security and how I should plan to bring money into the DR. Also, how do others access their money while living in the DR? Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

Ron

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
HOLA ronks!!!!!!!

DR1 has---
Members: 3,895, Threads: 24,136, Posts: 147,849

Do your homework (Search, Search, and Search again!)
Ask your questions.
And Good Luck!

By the way---
Welcome to DR1!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Why not go to the link below
Popular Post's / Past Sticky's. Required reading for Newbies!!! NEW! NEW! NEW!
And Scroll down to?
MONEY, Thanks Jim Hinsch
And check out how & why, some of us came, too be here!!

Thanks
Tim H.

Help, and be Helped.
That?s why were here!!!

Last edited:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
ronks, these subjects have been discussed at length and there is a lot in the archives. For example, do a search for safe banks.

BTW, there are some good banks in the DR but in no bank do you have the security you do in the US.

Debit cards are one option, but avoided by most expats because you get a lower exchange rate and because of the fees charged by banks for use of debit cards. Much better is establishing a relationship with an exchange banks and writing checks on your account in the US.