Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default hello - infos - living in RD - helllp :-)

Hello everybody,

I'm happy i have found a real forum, which can, i hope, help me

I'm from Belgium, I'm 26 years old and I'm travelling regularly to DR since 2 years ( Rio san Juan - cabarete - Puerto Plata ... )

I return in November for 9 days.

I completely fall in love for this country, I feel so good there, I cannot explain why I like soooo much DR, it's crazy !!!
    I was in Africa, usa, Europe, m-east but DR is completely apart !

now, I want to make my life there, to find a job, a house, ... I need to be where I feel good and happy.

Nowhere I found people who can help me to give me informations about living in DR, if it's easy to find a job etc ... which papers I need to stay there and to work ( a permit to work ? )

My first idea is to find a job in my business, I'm working in maritime
    Transportation, I have a diploma in transport and logistics.

I speak French, English, dutsch, Spanish and a little bit German

if there is nothing in my business, than everything is ok for me!

Others questions : is it expansive to send a car ( my car ) in DR, from Belgium to DR no problem ( that's my business ) but the custom ( douana ) ? how much have to pay, it depend certainly of the model and the year of the car ( Toyota rav 4 - year 2002 )

If I send a container with all my thinks, have I to pay the custom ? clearance custom ? Have I to pay for my personal effects ?

is it possible to find a job in a foreigner company ? ( French, Belgium, ... company ? )

OOOOOOOOOOOH sorry so much questions every where ....

Thanks in advance for your help

Best regards and big kisses

Sonia

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking HOLA SONIA!!!!!!!

DR1 has---
    Members: 3,895, Threads: 24,136, Posts: 147,849

Do your homework (Search, Search, and Search again!)
    Ask your questions.
    And Good Luck!

By the way---
    Welcome to DR1!!!

Why not go to the link below
    Popular Post's / Past Sticky's. Required reading for Newbies!!! NEW! NEW! NEW!
    And Scroll down to…
    MOVING to the DR
    And check out how & why, some of us came, too be here!!

Thanks
    Tim H.

Help, and be Helped.
    That’s why were here!!!
    Last edited by Timex; 09-06-2003 at 07:57 AM.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Thanks

Hello,

Thanks for your reply, i will search and search and search :-)

Do you know how much it will cost to send my car there, i mean the custom not the transport between belgium and DR.

or is it better if i buy a car there ?

Have a nice day

Sonia

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Better to buy a car here.

Your language skills should help you find something, if not in your field, then in the tourist industry.

Pib is a frequent poster and is someone you should contact. From your description, I believe she is in the same business you are. Look for one of her posts, or click "search" button near top of page and do a search for posts by Pib. Underneath any of those posts are email and PM buttons. Click on either and send a message direct to her.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hellooooo

Hellooooo KEN,

Thanks for your answer, i have just spend 1 our to read all the pages of the informations " living in DR " I had many infos it's wonderfull this site!!!

I will contact PIB, thanks i feel happy today because after months and months of searching, people are helping me.

In DR i just have dominicans friends and they cannot help me, the only expacts i know are very old french people and they also cannot help me.

Thankssssss

Are you living in DR? I'm curious to know what you are doing there, business etc ...

Take care

Big kiss

Sonia

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

If you don't have a solid plan, don't bother moving here. You will lose all your money in a short time and leave miserable and broke. There are no good jobs availabe in the north coast area. With your language skills you would be working as a time-share sales person or working in a tour agency. The money will be enough to live and eat. Forget about the luxuary as you won't be able to afford it unless you bring your foreign money with you.
    Dom. rep is not for everyone especially if you are coming here with expectation to be living in paradise.
    Do your homework before your burn your bridges to come here for good.
    Dominican republic doesn't need more tour reps or timeshare sales agents. What we need is more tourist who are willing to spend money into this economy and enjoy a good vacation at the same time.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm not tours rep or sales agent, i'm in the import / export business of goods and not people.

Thanks for your message but i not dreaming, when we start with west and central africa it was the same tralala, africa is good for vacations etc ... but we have now our big company.

i know that DR is completely different, it's not the same than africa but i have several plans and i learnt a lot with africa and i don't have ideas like that for nothing.

i have to try, i'm not crazy to put all my money in my first new business or a new life

but the easy thing was to find a job :-) and for that point i'm maybe dreaming ...

Best regards
    SONIA

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Hello sonia, im just new here. Im Dominican and my name is Tommy. Look i was just Surfing the internet and i just found this great home page, ocassionally, i read your message and maybe you should call to Maersk Sealand, you know of course, it is one of the largest maritime corporation in the world, They have a lot of offices over here... i got some phone numbers you can call, i hope that you find something good :

Maersk Dominicana, S A
    J A Soler 49
    Santo Domingo
    (809) 732-8663

Maersk Dominicana, S A
    Av A Lincoln 912
    Santo Domingo
    (809) 541-2743

Maersk Dominicana, S A
    Pto de Haina
    Santo Domingo
    (809) 375-1300

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Hello again

Hello my friends, sorry for my english, its not very good but ill try jeje youll see me frecuently over here cause id like this page a lot. I live in the capital (Santo Domingo) im Dominican and i would like to meet all of you, i like to do new friends so keep doing the goods things over here ill be watching

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default WOOOW WOOOW WOOOW

woooooooow wooooooooow when it's time to sleep in Belgium, it's time to be in DR1 :-)

Hello everybody, it's my lunch-time and I'm happy to see all your replies

Don't ask me pictures, sasha you can fall in love immediately :-)
    I'm not blond, I'm a normal girl ( a mix of LEBANON / ITALIA AND FRANCE ) GOOD MIX !!!

Thanks Tommy for MAERKS, that's the best for me, thanks for the informations.

We always have to help when we can do it !!! it's just human !!

XanaduRanch, I think that we are just strong people, not afraid of life !!!!! I like your message J !!!!!!!

Pasha, why you put a message here?! I ask you nothing, you are completely next to the patch! ( in French : à côté de la plaque )
    Who are this sammy?! What's the problem to write politely and friendly?!
    I have to understand by your message that I am dreaming? You make a mistake!!!!! And if my English perturbs you, I am going to indicate you that my first language is French, the second is Flemish, the third is English, the fourth is German, the sixth is Spanish and the last is Arabic !!!!!!!! I thus haven't an English so familiar as you, I can't write like you and I don't understand everything also …

So, mister PASHA ( my Berger allemand has the same name) I only ask for a little help which will be precious for me then for once that I find a site with nice and correct people who answer me, you will stop your remarks please.

Just for you pasha : kiss kiss kiss and hugh hugh hugh and re-kiss ! hahaaaaaaaaa ! grrrr !

Escott, thanks also for your reply and the address, I was thinking that it's maybe better if I touch them directly in DR.

So, in conclusion, I'm sorry to tell you that I'm not a boy with the name of sammy !!!! I'm sonia, a real girl just asking help and just read my first message !

Thanks

Byebye kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss ( the kiss and the hugs are especially for the people which really like that J sasha, etc …. ) hug hug hug hug kiss kiss kiss

SONIA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast