My views on Dominican relationships

diablorojo

I look better in pink...
Sep 7, 2003
As a Dominican man.....mmmmm I'd like to put my view into this :)

Not every Dominican man is out looking for a visa to the west or is a gigolo. I'm sorry to say this, and I don't mean to offend anyone.....but when you come from a fairly well off country, can afford to travel to the DR on a regular basis....with the DR being a poor country you make yourself a target.....and by associating with the low sectors of society, well.....of course you will opportunists! You won't find a good man or true love in 2 weeks.....what you will find is someone who sees you as their ticket to a better life. I heavilly question any sincere motivation on the part of men as well as women in such low positions who go after foreign tourists.

The best advice I can give to avoid being used and abused is to treat them for what they are. They are there to serve you, to do a job, they are employees who get paid to do something, so treat it as a professional relationship and don't socialize with the servents. It may sound cold, but its the way you have to be anywhere in Latin America.....

If your purpose is to have sex with the staff then OK, but prepare yourself mentally and emotionally for it.....you are not dealing with the best class of people in the country! Also remember the diseases the tourists bring in so be careful!

If you want something real, there are plenty of good men in the DR, who are well educated, come from good families, and who actually have something to offer a woman.....the worst trait is that those men usually feel very "entitled" to whatever they want though and North American women tend to be viewed as easy.....

But Dominican relationships are nice, and they work very well...you just have to end up with someone who you click with on an educational level, and class level. Someone who has a GOOD profession and can actually make money if they go to the US or Canada with you....or someone who can take care of you in the DR.....I mean these are issues you need to look into before you jump into something.

I guess what I am saying is that you have to present yourself in a classy, respectable manner and you will attract someone like that....the image you present has a lot to do with the kind of people you attract.....who you associate with, and how you present yourself is very important. So before blaming the Dominicans, realize what you were looking for and where......

But yeah, I feel bad for the bad experiences some of you had....but then look at the good ones and use them for inspiration :)