Santiago for 18 Days Visit

TCIDR

Sep 7, 2003
Hello I have a few question I'd like to ask.
I will be in santiago for 18 day. My primary objective is to learn the city. I'll be arriving on Monday.

As for accommodation would it be cheaper and more convenient to rent an apartment or hotel?

For hotels: hotel colonial or hotel dorado?
For apartments: Studio apartment available from Orion Real Estate in La esmeralda, la rinconada, la trinitaria or el ensueno?
The price they quoted me for one month is $5000pesos...is tha reasonable or maybe I can get better deals? if so where? with whom? Which real estate company do you recommend for short term rental? what about the local new paper classified ads?...where exactly is orion located....? I have thier number but not address.

The next important issue is transportation. I don't want to get taxis if I can avoid it. The reason why I have difficulties decide between apartment or hotel is because of transportation. Would it be difficult to get local transportation from the residencial areas listed above?

All for now

TCIDR

Sep 7, 2003
Well I am here

I am now in santiago

Saw some apartment but guess they are too out of the way from the central areas.

I had a hard time finding places to go last night (monday)..there wasn't so much happening.
It would be good to hang out and socially interact. Someone mention to me it only happens on the weekend

well I wait and see

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I sent you an email

You waited a bit too long to post or AZB would have been on to you like ---whatever.....

Anyway I will await your call.

HB

ald07

Feb 5, 2003
I stayed at the Apart Estudio Reyes Calle Santome Los Pepines About three blocks from the monument heading towards the center of town. I payed 1000 pesos a week for a one bedroom two bedroom I think was 1500 pesos. This was in February. Has its own laundry. 809 583-0675. Very decent place