funny yet sad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubio

Apr 28, 2003
www.geocities.com
I was having dinner with a female co-worker and her "significant other" She's a very possessive AND needy woman. This man doesn't even like her, but somehow she's infatuated by him.

Anyway, we are all sitting down enjoying our meal. And she says something to the effect of "maybe he'll marry me..." To which he replies "I'll never marry that bitch!" And she laughed it off...I was more insulted by his comment than she was!

Why do women put themselves thru this type of treatment is beyond me! Regardless I thought it was "funny yet sad"

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Maybe, sometimes, women need the proverbial billy club over the head to get the point. And hopefully his choice of words hit home.
On the other hand, why does he go out with her?
Are they planning a trip to the DR soon?

mk:bunny:

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Re: Of Course the Woman is Dominican,name any other

Criss Colon said:
nationality where a woman would accept such treatment as "normal"?CCCCCCCCCCC
Aw, c'mon, CC, this is not exclusively Dominican by any stretch of the imagination. Just watch any US daytime talk show -- Jerry Springer, Oprah, etc. -- and you'll see plenty of these cases. For that matter, watch "Laura" or "Cristina" and see the same thing in Spanish.

JDub

Apr 7, 2003
whoa what kind of a woman would take that kind of disrespect. nevermind she must have really low self-esteem, but this is definately funny but sad.

Indie

Bronze
Nov 15, 2002
Why do women put themselves thru this type of treatment is beyond me! Regardless I thought it was "funny yet sad"
Rubio, your friend has very low self-esteem and she's looking for love in all the wrong places. She should learn to love herself first. She needs therapy, pronto.

By the way, I didn't think that was funny at all. What is he doing (just having dinner?) with a woman he obviously doesn't respect or even like?

-Indie

diablorojo

I look better in pink...
Sep 7, 2003
Its not funny nor is it sad......the woman seems to have really deep issues, and to be honest decent women anywhere in the world would not put up with this. Before a person can have a good relationship with others, they need one with themself....need to respct, be confident, know what they want and what they deserve.....Self esteem is measured by the space between a person's ideals and their reality....the larger the space, that is the less they settle for, the lower the self esteem......

goatfarmnga

Bronze
Jun 24, 2003
What a jerk...

If I had been sitting there and heard that man state he would not marry that "Bitch"..I would have said something that would make her WAKE UP..Like What do you go out with this jerk for? Certainll it is not for his brain..:) And it can happen to women in any country not just Dominican Women. Good lord women put up with alot of things..I am one of them. It is just a weird yet somehow sad fact women will sometimes settle for less than a good man..Pam

rubio

Apr 28, 2003
www.geocities.com
Anna Coniglio said:
Did this happen in the DR? Hope so or you know what's coming. ;)

Anna! I put this in the Clown Bin because that forum seems to be a bit liberal with the "only-DR related topics" rule. As it so happens, she is (white) half Dominican. The man is white Brasilian, and a good friend of mine too. He's a chemist as well.

Now to answer the various questions. This particular woman wasn't always like this. It's only in recent years that she allows herself to be treated in such a manner. It's completely out of her character.

I find it difficult to have sympathy for her completely- because she "pushed" her way into his apartment AND is a horrible houseguest (i.e. she is messy, can't cook, she monopolizes the entire place, buys food for herself only, she is constantly questioning who he mingles with, and what he is doing, ETC) It's an unpleasant situation to say the least. I've been over once since she has moved in, and I can tell you it's a battleground. Unfortunately he doesn't have the balls to kick her out!

It's certainly not a "funny" situation, it's unbearable to watch.

Hope that answers any questions!

If this is not related, by all means close it.

Rubio

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
They sound perfect for each other. Good luck to both of them.

Sorry but thread closed. We can't solve all of the world's problems here.

Status
Not open for further replies.