Any DR credit card without annual fee ?

Formosano2000

Mar 5, 2003
While almost all credit cards (excepting cards that accrue mileage and certain priveleges) issued these days in the US have no annual fee, the reserve is probably true in DR.

I use credit card purely for convenience. Since I don't carry a balance, APR is irrelevant to me. Therefore, I hate to pay a charge simply to have a credit card. Also, fighting to increase my credit limit with Banco BHD is a pain in the butt. With peso down in the gutter, I can exhaust my monthly RD$25,000
limit just by buy a single round-trip ticket to Asia.

Any leads on annul-fee free cards issued by DR banks ? Also, which banks are credit-limit friendly ?

Sanson

Apr 14, 2003
I don`t know any "normal" credit card here that doesn`t have fees, but I know that in some banks you can negotiate the fee, and don`t pay it. For example, I have a Visa credit Card of Banco Mercantil, and I don`t pay the fees. They charge me them, but I complain to the manager, and he eliminates the fees. I also do the same, in Banco Popular. By the way, it helps to have a business account in the bank, and know the manager.

There are also some credit cards that don`t have fees as Banco del Progreso AMEX Cool Card, and I think Popular`s Orbit card. The thing is that you have to be between 18-22 years. I hope this helps you.