A call to Golo100 or anyone....

DR_DEFENDER

Jan 8, 2002
I think it's time for an update of what's going on in the political arena. I would like to know what's going to happened after one is chosen from 7 PRD candidates. How are they going to choose between that candidate and the Hippo (what will be the process)? Secondly, can someone elaborate on the issue with Union Fenosa leaving? What impact will this have on the electrical problem and is this by chance something that the Hippo is trying to pull so that it will make him look good for the next elections? Are there any hidden points that we are missing? I'm sure there are! Well, I'll appreciate any info from anyone. I'll be waiting.

DR_DEFENDER

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
I think that the 7 are going to choose a candidate to go against Hippo in a convention/plesbisito. The fact that it going to be 7 vs. 1, I think, takes from them and adds to him b/c now it seems none of them are strong enough on their own to take on HRB Hipolitoe. IF, Hippo wins against these 7 guys, then I think Leonel has nothing to look for in the next elections.:bored:

WHEN Union Fenosa leaves, the north and south distributions will be on the hand of the old CDE untill, in my opinion, elections pass(hippo will decrease the electricity rates for StoDgo, La Vega, Puerto Plata and Santiago and the areas around those cities in hope to gain some nationalistic sympathy. After the elections, I know for fact that some of the Generating companies might be interested in purchasing the EDE Norte and Sur distribution rights in order to have the whole industry package, Generation, Transmition and Commerce. That will have an increase effect on the rates but perhaps not as bad as the current rates now.

Hidden points?...Golo, where are you?

DR_DEFENDER

Jan 8, 2002
So, let me guess....no one has anything to add to this? How can that be when we have so many experts? It must be that no one cares anymore since it appears that no matter what anyone says nothing is going to change. Am I right or am I right?

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Since you asked......

Look, I have never been that much interested in this electricity debate. As I said before, since this whole thing was a fraud to begin with, I figured my own way of evading the payment of something I dont have to pay for. I pay enough taxes to give free electricity to an entire barrio.

But what Hippo may be close to achieving is simply buying the rights to give free electricity to the poor and increasing taxes by zillions to pay for this, while Union Fenosa will walk out of this like a diamond thief.

Union Fenosa, believe it or not, after getting a 15 year extension to its last contract at the Madrid Accord thanks to Hippo, will now have a new accord where they will get a better accord to keep all the Edesur and Edenorte clients who pay over 115% of their electricity on time(in other words 95% of paying clients) for 12 years, plus Hippo will have to pay for all outstanding debts by distributors amounting to US$100 million, plus US$150 to pay for the present capital loans pending, plus another US$100 million to cover Union Fenosa*s original investment. To kick off this accord, upon signature Hippo will have to come up with US$14.6 million.

In simple words, the new Distribuidora Dominicana De Electricidad, which will be Union Fenosa*s new name will keep all the best clients for 12 years, Hippo will keep those who dont pay and pay for them with over US$400 million for the rights to keep clients who dont pay.

This is the equivalent of someone getting liquidated in a job for his 12 years of work in a company, including vacations, profit shares, and all other employee benefits, then getting rehired again for the same job in the same company with a salary increase and guaranteed for life.

This is why Hippo is so shy about this announcement and will try to camouflage the whole thing and present something else in public. The specter of things to come is dark. I feel sorry for those in the middle class and upper classes, businesses and other clients who pay faithfully. They will carry the burden of this whole deal for 12 years, and then will be returned to a government that will treat them even worse.

Hippo will also lose his 50% share in the business, which helped paid for the governments electric bill. Fenosa will not have to pay back for the government*s 50% share of profits. What is even worse is that Hippo will now fill the jobs for his new enterprise with PPH activists, "botellas" and later may sell the CDE to the likes of Guaroa Liranzo, Johnny Morales and other Hippo pals.

To put it mildly, we are all f-cked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Like someone said, Hippo will use up all the power left(fuel) during the campaign to give the illusion of plenty of electricity for the poor, the barrios and the suckers who pay for this, then the money will run out and.....taxes, taxes, taxes. Gasoline will hit $100 a gallon(I will be happy for this...no more traffic jams-only those who can afford to drive will drive)

As far as the PRD is concerned, Hippo will lose the plesbicite, yet he will not let this deter him, will run for the convention, will win it, because he will buy off every vote, face Leonel in the elections and lose badly. Plan B is that he will pull out upon losing the plesbicite, then one of the 7 will run against Leonel. Chances are that the PPH will push for Fello, since Fello is a dark horse for the PPH and he too will lose to Leonel, although not as bad. But if you, just like I am, are tired of seeing an idiot like Hippo filling you TV monitor everyday, making stupid mistakes, acting like a fool, and turning self-agrandizing and vanity to an art, you have not seen nothing yet. Fello Subervi, if he wins the whole thing is worst than Hippo. This guy is the biggest idiot in our politics. This is a burro personified.

TW

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Re: Since you asked......

Golo100 said:

As far as the PRD is concerned, Hippo will lose the plesbicite, yet he will not let this deter him, will run for the convention, will win it, because he will buy off every vote, face Leonel in the elections and lose badly....................... Fello Subervi, if he wins the whole thing is worst than Hippo. This guy is the biggest idiot in our politics. This is a burro personified.
TW

Or my part, I couldnt agree more about Fello. I particularly like his nervous facial tweaks. When he speaks it seems as if hes swallowing his tounge.

In regards to Hippo, I would like to see him gone yesterday but, I dont think that if he wins the PRD convention he's going to loose to Leonel. No way in hell Hippo is going to let it happen, he'll use money, guns and tigeraje and he's got a lot more of that than Leonel. Sorry to be the pesimist here, but Hippo knows that if he looses to his party or Leonel he's going to have a tough time so he is going for the second term with guns a blazing. Leonel's only shot is to pass in the first round and that is yet to be seen despite the popularity he may have now, that could and probably will change as the elections come closer.

I dunno man, they are all a--holes to me , I am voting for El Bacho....y por que no?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Re: Re: Since you asked......

samiam said:
Or my part, I couldnt agree more about Fello. I particularly like his nervous facial tweaks. When he speaks it seems as if hes swallowing his tounge.

He reminds me of "Jabba The Hun"...