anyone in Samana

kelley

Sep 11, 2003
Hi all,

I need the help of anyone in Samana or going there soon. The last time my husband called me that is where he was....working at Gran Bahia Hotel. The only way I had to reach him was to call the hotel and ask for his aunt (she works there too) Guillermina Neuman. Of course I don't know when she or he will be around and can't aford to call all the time to try and get in touch. We have been seperated for years and I have been trying to explain to him about email and chatting, so we can actually communicate and also have the kids talk to him nce and a while. he never calls us, therefore the kids haven't spoken to him in years.
If anyone there or going soon please let meknow so I can pass along a message and perhaps have you explain to him about email and chatting.

hopefully he can establish a relationships with the kids!

His name is Manolo Tavarez

Kelley

JDub

Apr 7, 2003
sorry I can't help you, but I do wish you the best of luck because it sounds like you really care about your family.:)

kelley

Sep 11, 2003
thanks for the info guys! Now I just have to figure out a way for someone to get him a message with my email address

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
With a Calling Card

kelley said:
Anyone know how i can get in touch with one of these Internet Cafes? by email?

You should be able to call there for 4 or 5 cents a minute.

Some tourist telling him to call you won't change his behavior and it is a lot harder and more costly for him to call you from there to boot.

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
Kelley both Cafes are next to Samana' BIG CATHOLIC CHURCH in the middle of the city, some swiss Husband and wife with the slowest internet cafe ever and Codetel with A/C (still slow) lol!

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
There is a third internet cafe in Samana just off the westernmost traffic circle (of the three) and next to Kathy's key place. It's on the same street as Casa Pina general store. I've used their computer and at 48 to 50kbps it doesn't seem excessively slow.

There are also two internet cafes in Las Galeras and a handful of them in Las Terrenas including one at Codetel. And with the new, completely self-contained DSL telephone stations located throughout the peninsula (even in the most remote villages) worldwide communications is now a snap. For the latest info on communications throughout the peninsula and a picture of one of these new "phone booths" check the Communications section of www.samanaonline.com These new phone stations are straight 21st century technology, something you don't expect to find on our sleepy peninsula.