dominican troops in iraq

jimrx7

Sep 11, 2003
does anybody know where exactly where they are because i am also dominican and in the army signal corps. and i am located norteast of bahgdad.i would just like to visit them if possible

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
I am an MP in the Army. The Dominican Troops are still in Kuwait training. No news as to when they will be in Iraq or were they'll be located.

Edited to quote CNN article:
"The sector under Polish command is a south-central section of Iraq between Baghdad and Basra. Besides Spain, it will include peacekeeping troops from Honduras, Nicaragua, El Salvador and the Dominican Republic"

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
From Today's DR1 News

President Mej?a would reportedly travel on a private plane from Amman, Jordan to Diwaniya, the south-central area of Iraq where the Dominican troops are stationed.

jimrx7

Sep 11, 2003
hey thank you for that.. it was a start.... i am with the 16th signal battalion and unfortunately i am the only dominican in my battalion of over 800 people.. any news that you might have in the future will be greatly appreciated.. i am in al asahd air base if you know where that is

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
No problem, jimrx7. Hope that helps. I think the article also said there are currently about 300 DR troops in Iraq.

Where in the DR are you from? I am an American living now between Sosua and Cabarete with my wife, who is also Dominican. We also have a home in Santiago.

Tom (aka XR)

jimrx7

Sep 11, 2003
well i am from navarrete... but i have not been in a while.. right now i am just trying to make it from this place.. and take a vacation to DR with my wife that is puero rican. i will try and get in touch with them while i am still here if they are not too far

Apr 26, 2002
Hey, Jimrx7, here's a story to tell the guys in the mess tent (stolen and modified from Dominican Babe):

A new Spanish Army Captain is assigned to a Dominican unit in a remote post in the Kuwaiti desert.

During his first inspection, he notices a camel hitched up behind the mess tent. He asks the Dominican Sergeant why the camel is kept there. "Well, sir," is the nervous reply, "As you know, there are 250 men here and no women. And, sir, sometimes the men have...m-m-m.... urges. That's why we have the camel, sir."

The Spanish Captain says, "I can't say that I condone this, but I understand about urges, so the camel can stay."

About a month later, the Captain starts having a real problem with his own urges. Crazy with passion, he asks the Dominican Sergeant to bring the camel to his tent. Putting a stool behind the camel, the Captain stands on it, pulls down his pants, and has wild, insane sex with the camel. When he's done, he asks the Sergeant, "Is that how the Dominicans do it?"

"Uh, no sir," the Sergeant replies. "They usually just ride the camel into town where the girls are."

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
To JMRX7

Good to see a Cibae?o taking care of Uncle Sam's communications!..

Navarete: Nice town, if you like tobacco and good cigars!..
Or the Kenya Bar! Or the Dulces. Or Arroz Bison?..

When you get back you call me, hear? I owe you a beer.

I have a stiffleg captain coming down here in November so if you get back by then we can really go to town!
HB

jimrx7

Sep 11, 2003
to hillbilly and porfio

hey porfio that was a really funny little joke but i will substitute the spanish captain for my homeboys here and say that there was this puertorican captain.. they will have a good laugh..... and to hillbilly thanks for the props. maybe i can take you up on that beer offer. i still know where i came from because you know all those dominicans in new york that have their flag in the windshield of their cars. well i have the same flag in my windshield of the humvee that i drive here in iraq..

MorZilla

Nov 15, 2003
jimrx7

I hope Hipolito sent those guys with Mangu menu MRE's. And salchichon and mondongo MRE's. Ive also been curious about those guys. I came across this forum doing a search for them. I just hope they receive good training in dealing with the situation. But they are experts cause they are very experienced in dealing with people throwing rocks, molotov cocktails and burning tires ehehe hopefully they will all make it back and get a bonus or something.

bLackCobra

Spammer
Oct 26, 2003
www.stillmatic.com
Hey jimrx7 my dominican friend which he in the us army they send him to Iraq and fought hopefully he came alive in 1 piece and his whole platoon guys came home safely except 1 they blew up his hand with frag grenade

how many dominicans you know up in there or is it just u

i think they send him back to Iraq again

he suppose to come back december

jimrx7 how many dominicans you know in iraq or is it just you

DR_DEFENDER

Jan 8, 2002
jimrx7,

Where do you live back here in the U.S? I'm assuming you're from N.Y by what you stated in one of your posts but I wanted to make sure for a reason.

Punisher

Nov 20, 2003
The Dominican base has been attacked three times since they arrived at Diwaniyah, Iraq. The Dominican soldiers were attacked for the first time on 9/30/2003 at 1009 hours by several mortar rounds and grenade launchers for 10 minutes. They responded quickly using M60 machineguns and their M16A2/M203 fire. They did not find their attackers.

Second attack was 4:00 hour?s 10/3/2003 (Friday) same type of attack. I received confirmed report that they (Iraqis) overshoot the base this time. Many of the round landed out side the Quisqueya Base. Many Dominican soldiers and their Spaniard liaison officers got out from their beds on underwear!

Third attack happened several weeks ago. No detail about it!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Since CNN made no mention of these events, therefore, I conclude that its all false information.

Punisher

Nov 20, 2003
No death so far...the Dominican Armed Forces are maintaining a "silent" policy in regard of this matter. Although there were a rumor at the 27 de Febrero Armed Forces' Headquaters (according with a friend who is a high ranking officer there) that 3 soldiers were killed during the last attack, and also the Dominican Communist Party announced that; inclusive Narciso Isa Conde gave out the names of those who died....but nobody knows nothing everything is a total silent.

Moreover, I don't understand why is this secrecy because this is the first time since the Civil War of 1965 that Dominican troops fight in a mayor conflict and their families need to know.

El Salvador is the only country that post news about their soldiers.

Also there will be 100 more Dominican troops in route to Iraq after December. There was a Dominican woman soldier who found every excuse to avoid going. Honduras sent several female combat soldiers with their troops. The Dominican Armed Forces are not sending a particular unit or elite soldiers as the media reported, they are sending every soldier with special training.
:confused:

I can not name my sources....my sources are members of a family with a son there and I have a copy of his diary from their departure from Las Americas to their arrival to Iraq.... This diary was sent to his father with Freddy Beras Goico when Freddy returned from Iraq after doing a special TV program for El Gordo de la Semana. He and his family may be in trouble with the Dominican military if his name is identified. You know how it is in DR.

CNN does not present everything that happens in Iraq. If there is any killing they will not sell news. Beside, how many small attacks that had happened in Iraq are reported every day. Why they don't talked about the wounded soldiers. Those young men and women that missing a arm or leg or both that are at the Hospital beds right now thinking about their new future as handicapped. IF my girlfriend will love me without arms? If I will get a job like this? Those news are not reported on CNN.... remember CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC all are controlled news to sell news to the American public some are not showing the true reallity of the war. I read in a sentence on the Washington Post that one Polish soldier was killed. Just one line and that news did not reach CNN my friend. The Dominicans are under Spanish Command and the Spanish are under Polish Command....

Last edited:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Punisher my man, I agree with you 100%. Cnn was a sarcastic remark targetted at our (few) gringo brothers who take CNN words as words coming out of christ's mouth.
Keep the news flowing. We need more input from bright folks like yourself who have inside knowledge on the current events.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Punisher,

So your source is a friened of a cousin of a soldier? Wow I am convinced.
CNN goes out of their way to portray the US in a bad light. Remember that these are the same people who refused to report Iraqi attrocities before the war because they didn't want to get kicked out.
Notice how CNN, the NY Times, CBS, ABC, NBC and the others haven't reported about the evidence discovered linking Saddam and Osama bin Laden? Thankfully we have FOX News, The Weekly Standard and the Washington Times to tell us the truth without bias.
My thoughts go out to the Brave Dominican soldiers in Iraq. They are doing a great service for the Iraqi people and the world as a whole.
Thanks

minerran

Oct 16, 2003
stay safe jimrx7, Punisher, DRtechie

Hello guys,

Finally a topic on this board worth posting on!

You all, except for Punisher, are Dominican-Americans in the U.S. Army, yes? Punisher is the the DR Army? Since you all are in Iraq, I assume the Army is providing you all with internet access in the field. Are you able to access the web and expecially contact your family on a regular basis? I hope so.

I also want to say that although you guys see the news from home and know there is debate still going on about the war here in the U.S., EVERYONE I've talked to is behind you guys 110%. People have nothing but praise for the soldiers and any debate/dissent is aimed at Bush and his cabinet, not the professional soldiers. That includes people, like myself, who were against the war. God bless you and everyone you serve with!

Some people are also pissed off that not enough support (body armor, night vision goggles, hot meals, reservists not being paid, etc) have been given to you all. I hope this is not the case. I hope you all have exactly what is needed to stay safe and complete the mission!

I don't believe we (in the U.S.) are getting a clear picture from the news, of what the situation really is in Iraq. So we really don't know what is going on and as a soldier, you're not going to be able to give details (enemy monitors internet too) either.

We all want you to come home safe and ASAP. It breaks my heart every time I hear of a soldier killed or wounded on the news. It has gotten to the point for me personally that I hate to check the news, knowing what I will hear.

Anyway, I wanted to let you know my thoughts and to say that if there is anything I can do for you all (call somebody for you, send you something, etc), then get my email off here and contact me. I MEAN IT AND AM SERIOUS. IF YOU NEED SOMETHING, CONTACT ME and I'll see what I can do!

God bless!

Randy (minerran)

Last edited: