Agua Crystal

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Sometimes the way government acts brings you to the point of where you want to laugh at their behavior or B.S. because you know somebody is being taken for a ride.

The case in point were the media reports yesterday the Agua Crystal, one of the island?s better bottled drinking water suppliers, was ?closed? by La Procuradur?a para la Defensa del Medio Ambiente, for noise and other environmental pollution. This was arrived at after four years of fighting neighbor?s complaints. If you were to read yesterdays reports you would have thought it was all over for Agua Crystal.

Today is a new day, reports from ?El Caribe?, www.elcaribe.com.do/periodico_impreso/cuerpos/portada/nacional/n5.asp , have company officials denying they were ?closed?, the information provided to media was false. They would have you believe the plant was inspected, not closed.

Why do I want to laugh or be B.S.? Because it is captivating to me to observe in a capital city of thousands of colmados, disco bars, and car washes blaring earsplitting music daily, Agua Crystal gets the government?s attention for not conforming to the law. Guess, Agua Crystal has deeper pockets? Getting down off of my soapbox and Regards, PJT

ajicaribe

Dec 5, 2002
Well well well

According to what I heard, it iwas closed.
I also heard on the CDN that another 4 plants were closed.
CDN, Listin Diario, and El Nacional reported the same

I am not surprised with this.
This is the DR, a country full of BS and surprises.

I have always very suspicious about the water and the ice, even in the hotels.

I heard the water is taken from some place in Jarabacoa or Constanza, they buy the empty bottles and finito.

It is time to start importing Montclair.