Estrella Del Mar , in Cabarete closed..

Paul Thate

Jan 11, 2002
For all you tourist that may have booked
in this hotel be aware it is closed.
Some people say it closed because of an industrial dispute.
Others say its bankrupt and for sale.
Either way it does not look like it will open in the near future.
We heard that some tourist are rebooked to hotels in Sosua.
But thats just not the same.

carrot

Aug 4, 2003
Estrella Del Mar - closed

We heard this, here in England a couple of days ago, from friends in Cabarete.

We are booked for October 19th and our tour company, Thomsons is still saying it is just an industrial dispute that will probably be cleared up by then.

As I understand it, Starz Resorts has only recently taken over this hotel. Is it likely that Starz has gone bankrupt, especially as all this weeks people are being relocated to Sosua Bay Hotel, another Starz property?

Any further information would be appreciated from you guys on the ground as, at the moment this is really threatening to balls our holiday up!

Even more important, you all stay safe over the next couple of days. Lets hope you just get good surf and nothing worse!

Roger

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Another closure!

And now, Las Brisas beach bar has been closed down for a few days?? Something to do with the Police and too many hookers upsetting the tranquility of Cabarete beach after dark!!
Estrella del Mar still all shuttered up - something about big debts and not enough business to even cover the huge bank loans interests?????

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Upsetting the Tranquility?

At the risk of sounding too much like Cirss Colon I think they hookers added to the ambiance. Oh, well. Alba, Jose, and I were sitting at JOS's yesterday afternoon 5P-7P and saw you walk by P&A. Yelled hello, but you didn't hear and there were to many 'working girls' between me and the beach to fight through to run out to the beach and drag you back for a free beer. Just kidding. Really! (I don't want any flames from Goatfarminga!)

I liked Las Brisas! They'll be back after the pay the appropriate bribes. Estrella de Mar never impressed. Must be a dispute or I think Starz would not be building another all inclusive (Viva Tangerine) just down the road. I am sure they'll be back, too, Sooner or later.

Tom (aka XR)

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Re: Another closure!

Peter & Alex said:
And now, Las Brisas beach bar has been closed down for a few days?? Something to do with the Police and too many hookers upsetting the tranquility of Cabarete beach after dark!!
Estrella del Mar still all shuttered up - something about big debts and not enough business to even cover the huge bank loans interests?????

Apparently, (and this info is from my daughter who has the energy to go out and dance late night) Las Brisas was closed 'cause whichever authority found a young cuban girl working there without any papers.

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Also heard from the girls who work next door to Las Brisa that the police found under age young people, hookers and drugs on the premises and subsequebtly closed it down for a bit!!
Estrells del Mar - I didn't think Starz had bought the place? Perhaps they were only managing it as a lead up to a purchase?
It would be nice to get the true info and not just street whispers?? AI tour operators in UK are claiming 'industrial dispute' as the reason people who booked are being placed in other hotels?? But then again their insurance compensation (small print) probably rules out any pay out if it is an industrial dispute! Is there no honesty left in this world?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
How everyone says sosua is dead, I guess cabarete is also catching up to the disease. I have never seen so many ugly hookers gathered up in on place alone (cabarete). No wonder the place is going under. This is the sign of a place going down; all the good looking hookers move on to the next best place and all the ugly hookers stay behind to bury the place.

marina

Jan 2, 2002
www.kitexcite.com
maybe Cabarete has so many ugly hookers because mostly sporty, younger people come here for kite or windsurfing i.e. not too interested in the prostitutes!

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
AZB said:
How everyone says sosua is dead, I guess cabarete is also catching up to the disease. I have never seen so many ugly hookers gathered up in on place alone (cabarete). No wonder the place is going under. This is the sign of a place going down; all the good looking hookers move on to the next best place and all the ugly hookers stay behind to bury the place.
Those weren't ugly Hookers AZB. Those were Santiagueras that left the family nest and persued their fortunes.

You thought they were BEAUTIFUL when we were there a couple of weeks ago and one was playing hide and seek with the salami with you.

How things change. Where is Missing_DR to back up my story? Why does he get all googlyeyed with these gals and insult them the next time on the board? I am going to send Larry down next week for some more lessons like he got in Jarabacoa. He can't get enough education and I am limited as to what I can teach him here!

Where is the General at a time like this? Where is Bochinche at a time like this? Why do I have to defend Dominicans ALL THE TIME at a time like this? Stankin Gringos don't know from where their bread is buttered.

Go finger...