Haitians are being deported....

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
As I write this post, haitians are being picked off the streets of santiago by the immigration and military personnels and are being deported.
I witnessed this as I was waiting for a friend on calle del sol and all of the sudden I found my self surrounded by motorcycle military personnels whilea few had Immigration written on their jackets. next thing I notice that a few of the motorcyles had haitian young boys handcuffed to the metal frame of the bike itself. Apprently where I was parked there were a few haitians shoeshine boys working. The immigration simply pulled them off the streets trashed their tin cans (used for sitting) and dumped their wooden crate used to carry their polishing liquids right on to the streets and carried them away. I can see them arresting illegal alians but why do they have to litter the streets with the stuff they confiscated from the boys? Clearly there were some dominicans who were disturbed by this scene and one citizen even picked up the shoe shine equipment off the street and put it away on to the side of a sidewalk.
Then I saw a huge Military truck following the motorcycles, I can imagine there is going to be a major haitian sweep all over santiago today.
So ladies if your sankie is too black to be confused for a haitian, keep in indoors this weekend.

goatfarmnga

Bronze
Jun 24, 2003
How sad for the boys..

Bad enough they have to shine shoes that they be treated this way..sad. At least they were providing a somewhat useful service. Thanks AZB you are desensitizing me more each day to the goings on in the DR..I need to toughen up!..:( Pam

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
I feel bad for the young kids but I am surprised this didnt happen sooner. Sosua is chock full of hatians and anti-hatian sentiment.

Larry

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
Tony C said:
And the problem is?

1. most people would consider them too young, when they are shipped out as part of the dominican contingent in iraq.

2. the ones not lucky enough to go to the desert will be given new cedulas and instructed to vote pph in the forthcoming elections.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
bochinche said:

2. the ones not lucky enough to go to the desert will be given new cedulas and instructed to vote pph in the forthcoming elections.

AHH. If you are right then now I can see the timing.

Larry