NYC DR1 Reunion

Bugsey34

Bronze
Feb 15, 2002
Hi Everyone,

I think we should organize a DR1 event for all us NYC'ers. I'm new here and need you to show me a good time ;). I know Lina is around but haven't heard from her in ages... where are you girl? And Jazzy is too. DRTechie? Anyone else in the area that I don't know about?

You guys will have to help me with the place, should be bien dominicano, with dancing please, but I was thinking a Fri. night, maybe Oct. 10?

linamia

"an unexamined life is not worth living"
Jan 2, 2002
www.pascual5designs.com
Bugsey, I am here willing and able to get the NY reunion going. However, I will be on a business trip to Minnesota (yippppeeee:disappoin) from the 10th to the 16th. If another date is available for everyone let me know.

Bugs call me

Lina

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
My daughter is appearing Off Broadway in a play that day so it is out for me. How about before? Call me, I am still waiting! Haven't slept in 48 hours now but faithfully waiting for you to call back.

O Dios Mio!

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
Hey Bugsey, I am still around but have been swamped with work for the past few months. I would definitely be up for a NYC reunion. OCt 10th doesn't work for me since I will be out of town on business. The 18th is looking good right now though.

If you need any help putting this together let me know.

Bugsey34

Bronze
Feb 15, 2002
Well, the 18th it is then, perfect for me too.

I just need help with a location, Techie. I haven't had time yet to find any good places so it will be new to me too. What do you recommend? Or maybe Lina knows? Will call you Lina.

And Robert will be there too? My goodness.

Keith you HAVE to come up to NYC for this!

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
I'm new here also and would love to come to the reunion. Unfortunately, I'm already committed on the 18th, but if you can get Larry and clipped wing to attend, I'll move heaven and earth to be there.

Last edited:

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
Bugsey I have several places in mind. For the closest DR experience I am thinking we pick a place in Washington Heights (Upper Manhattan). Any objections?

I will come up with a list of locations and post it tomorrow. We can then put it to a vote.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Bugsey34 said:
Well, the 18th it is then, perfect for me too.

I just need help with a location, Techie. I haven't had time yet to find any good places so it will be new to me too. What do you recommend? Or maybe Lina knows? Will call you Lina.

And Robert will be there too? My goodness.

Keith you HAVE to come up to NYC for this!
Michelle, I will certainly try! Would love to finally meet you folks eye-to-eye. [Well, I've already met Scott, but that doesn't count! ;) lol ] Hey, why hasn't Larry chimed in yet? C'mon, Lar, surely you can find a way to come into town for this one!
Regards,
Keith

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
DRtechie said:
Bugsey I have several places in mind. For the closest DR experience I am thinking we pick a place in Washington Heights (Upper Manhattan). Any objections?

I will come up with a list of locations and post it tomorrow. We can then put it to a vote.
Hell yeah I object! Way too many DOMINICANS there! If I wanted to see Dominicans I would stay in the DR! LOL

There are also some places in the Bronx I have been to.

Bugsey34

Bronze
Feb 15, 2002
Can't get any more bien dominicano than Washington Heights. Sounds good to me, let me know Techie.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
I suggest that we all have dinner at Carmines which is at about 90th and B'way in Manhattan. That was the place I couldnt remember bugs. Great family style Italian restaurant. If we get a big crew it is a great place to go to eat. Then we can head uptown.

Scott

Bugsey34

Bronze
Feb 15, 2002
Italian food? Escott you've spent too much time in the Dominican sun.
If anything let's have some moro with a few morir sonandos, come on.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
there is a new restaurant in Queens called "Rancho Jubilee" which I heard is nice.

I have never been there. It is the same owners as a place called "Jubilee" located in Inwood (uptown manhattan).

I went to "Jubilee" once and was not impressed but the one in Queens is suppose to be different.

There is a place called Don Pedros (I think) which is located somewhere on the Upper East Side.

There is also Mirage and International located on Dyckman.

All the restaurants I mentioned are located in Inwood except for the one in Queens and Don Pedro on the UES.

Carmines sounds good but is not Dominican if that's what you are looking for.

Are you guys looking to go to a bar after dinner? I can recommend a few places depending on what you guys will be up to. If my plans change and I am in NY, I would meet with you guys.

Last edited: