Does anyone know specific directions to Camp David in Santiago from Sosua?

maxim

Jul 16, 2003
I'll be traveling to Santiago this week and have learned that Camp David is THE place to stay. I'd love to see some pictures if anyone out here has any. However, most important is, does anyone know how to get there? I'll be traveling from Sosua through the Santiago mountains.

Last edited:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
from Sosua

It is quite easy. When you come into Santiago, immediately start keeping your eyes open. A few blocks down, you'll see a sign on your right hand side, pointing to the left for Camp David. The sign sometimes is obscured by trees, so keep a very sharp watch. I don't know the name of the road, but on the left hand corner, is a gas station and the left hand turn curves sharply around the gas station. Take the turn to the left and follow the signs from there. It is well signposted. Just don't miss that first sign.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Call 'em When (If) You get Lost

Hotel Camp David Ranch
Carr Luperon Km 7
Santiago
(809) 736-7230

maxim

Jul 16, 2003
Thank you.

Chris, thanks for the directions. I've passed that gas station before so I have a good sense of where you are referring to.

Ricktoronto, the telephone number you gave no longer works. The new number is 276-6400.

chicker

Jan 1, 2002
There's a photo of me in the Media Gallery sitting in the restaurant at Camp David...

but, seriously, a photo could hardly do the place justice. You're almost a mile above sea level. You just have to be there to believe the view. The best, I think, is to get there in time to watch the sunset, which is beautiful most nights, and then just sit out there on the veranda, have some refreshments, and watch Santiago just "light up" below you. It's a fantastic view of a fantastic city. I didn't eat much in the restaurant so I can't recommend anything, but do ask for Rafaelito. He's a waiter there and he'll take good care of you. Enjoy.
st louis mike

maxim

Jul 16, 2003
badpiece33 said:
The place has incredible views but try to get room #4,5,6,7,or 8 they are right on top of the restaurant and have balconies to view the city below. I always spend 2-3 nights a trip there.

You are right, the views are incredible. However, each of those rooms is crap. From missing ceiling tiles to bad plumbing those rooms are in terrible condition. It's much better to stay in any of the rooms of the new building - if you can find a vacancy.