visit by florida governor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
isn't the florida governor one of the ones implicated in the alleged fraudulence of the last u.s. elections?

perhaps he has come here to give some "extra" advice for next year.
hm could deny all of this in the future, because he is off on his hols.

JDub

Apr 7, 2003
yes that guy is a cheating snake and he can give you alot of advice about that topic.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Those of you who ead the DR1 news (ALL of you I am sure!!!), will note the arrival of Bush of the Hanging Chads coincides with the announcement of the DR looking at automated electoral machines!! How convenient - is this the way that "Hippo Hip Orray" is going to ensure he wins the next election??? Maybe the electronic machines are NOT coming from Venezuela after all??

Someone pass me some more vallium PLEASE!!!! - Grahame.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
bochinche said:
isn't the florida governor one of the ones implicated in the alleged fraudulence of the last u.s. elections?

The only fraud commited was by the democrats trying to steal the election.
According to the Democrats, senior citizens are not smart enough to vote. It must have been fraud if they didn't vote for Gore! How elitist is that?

Jeb has nothing to do whatsover with the touch screen voting Machines in the DR or in the State of Florida for that matter. Voting Machines are selected by each individual county in Florida. The State just provides part of the funding for their purchase. It is the Counties choice on who they spend the money on.

So all you anti-Capitalism, Blame it all on Bush, conspiracy theorist go find something else to harp on. There is nothing here.

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
Hey mombo jambo stop talking with your mouth full of food Democrats wanted to steal what? talk about fraud, this guy openly told his brother on tv tha he will make sure was won by him i suppose you are Republican wright.

pariguayo

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
ERICKXSON said:
Hey mombo jambo stop talking with your mouth full of food Democrats wanted to steal what? talk about fraud, this guy openly told his brother on tv tha he will make sure was won by him i suppose you are Republican wright.

pariguayo

You are a very silly man!

I am a proud member of the G.O.P! Been active in politics since I was a teenager. I have never missed a chance to vote in even the most mundane of elections.

Are you even registered to vote?
Are you even a Citizen?

Where you even here during all that Fraud BS? Remember how that started? Some old people(Put up by the Demos) claimed that they voted wrong because of the way that the Ballot was laid out in Palm Beach County. Imgine that? Couldn't even figure out that you are suppose to punch the spot next to the name of the person you want to vote for?
I fully support a Logic test for all potential voters. Of course the Demos hate that Idea. Logic and liberalism are mutually exclusive.
In the DR they should have at least a literacy test. It cracks me up when i read all these economic diatribes in the DR newspapers and in speeches. Do you think that even 20% of the population have a clue about what they are talking about?

What the hell is "mombo Jambo?" Do you mean Mumbo-Jumbo? As in unintelligible Speech? Try to stick to mono-syllabic words and short phrases so as not to hurt yourself.

Last edited:

DeeDR

Mar 27, 2003
Check out these links:

Theft of the Presidency (watch the video)

How To Rig An Election In The United States

I'm neither a Democrat nor a Republican... nor an American. I'm just trying to figure out what's going on. The thing is, if vote fraud can happen in the US, it can certainly happen here in the DR... and automated electoral machines make things so much easier.

DeeDr

PS: Who said, "If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator" on Dec. 18, 2000 (and on various other occasions)?

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
I do not want to get into a politcal fist-fight this morning, but folks you really need to understand some facts before you spout. I have been a politician, been involved in vote-counting, know the laws. Things aren't what they were portrayed. It's easy to find out, you just have to read a little.

First in Florida each county is repsonsible for its own ballots, and own voting machines and procedures. This is an elected position. In all of the counties that had problems, these were held by Democrats. Just in the last week, FYI, one of these counties, Broward I belive, had the election official, a Democrat, investigated for fraud but they got rid of her just for gross negligence.

Remember the complaints that the ballots were rigged in those counties so it would be hard to vote for Gore and easy to vote for Bush. Guess who designed, approved, and printed those ballots? Yep. The Democrats who later complained about them. Talk about hypocrisy. The sad thing is that everyone remembers the ballot, but not that the people doing the complaining were the ones that created them!

There's a lot more, but one last point to understand. Any system has a margin of error. That is you can't use a satellite photo that only sees things that are a mile across, to read a license plate that's a foot wide. Can't do it. When the number of votes seperating two candidates is within that margin for error of a voting system as this is, all the counts and recounts in the world won't determine a clear winner. The results will change each time. You can't get data (a vote count) that's just not there. Now, that's where the law comes in. Both sides agree in advance to the rules of the game (election). If the vote is within that margin for error then you do x, then y, then z. Everybody agree? Yes? OK, now vote. (In many jurisdictions that final determination is made by a coin toss! Really!) In Florida the state people tried to follow the law as agreed to by the state legislature, and both parties. Then the Democrats went in to try and change those rules after the fact in court.

That's wrong, and very dangerous. If it's bad then you change it next time. Otherwise it's like playing a game of chess, and mid way through one guy who's losing according to the rules jumps up and yells that he wants the king to be able to move like the queen and it's not fair that it doesn't and he'd have won if you'd just recognize that and change the rule. Let's hope the PPH crowd hasn't learned a thing or two from Algore's shenanigans.

And that's all I've got to say about that.

Tom (aka XR)

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2002
Al Gore's shenanigans??? Everyone knows that vote talleys were too close for the margin of error on the counting system. So the US Supreme Court simply decided to do its "Dominican" impression that day. Chief Justice Scalia, always (except for that day) a leading advocate of "judicial restraint" and "states' rights", hypocrically decided that he needed to resolve a matter of state law instead of the Florida Supreme Court. Of course, the fact that his son worked on the Bush campaign and now has a high ranking political appointment, had everything to do with it.

Quite cynically, the US Supreme Court admitted that the matter belonged with the Florida Supreme Court, but stated that, because of the injunction that the US Supreme Court itself had previously placed on vote counting, it was too late.

The Court admonished that "Gore v. Bush" essentially cannot be taught in law schools. Its only precedential value is the principle that sometimes political interest in the results trumps all.

Even Tony is smirking right now. He knows the election was stolen fair and square. That'll teach the Dems to mess with 6-year-old Cuban boys.

As for automated voting machines, 10 gets you 20 that a Florida manufacturer, a Hippo friend/relative with a juicy lobbying contract and "piece of the action", and an Inter-American Development Bank loan are involved.

Last edited:

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
PR you missed the point. The rules, as in the LAW, were perfectly clear in advance of the election, and had been specifically agreed to by both the Democrat and Republican parties in advance.

When their own election commisioners bungled the vote counting in their own Democratic counties they sued to have the rules changed in the middle of the election. This should never have been in court. There was nothing to dispute. The Florida Supreme Court, as liberal courts often are wont to do completely ignored the law, and the will of the legislature of Florida which clearly stated the deadline for recounts in close elections and simply wrote their own pulling a new deadline out of thin air thwarting the will of duly elected representatives of the people of Florida.

In the United States courts are not supposed to write the law, they are supposed interpret them. And this one was had no room for interpretation. The U.S. Supreme Court recognized that facta nd gave the Florida court time to rectify unconstitutional decision and when they did not they were forced to intervene.

It's very difficult to argue (without being laughed at) that suing to toss out the rules and install your own in the middle of an election count is not trying to, as it's been put 'steal' an election.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Another thread killed. Well done guy's, you should be proud of yourselves.

Can't you read "Dominican Republic".

CLOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.