Dominican Hair Salons in Northern VA

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
I posted this question a while back perhaps do a search and you'll find the places that were mentioned. However my friend who is married to a Salvadorean gets his haircut at Golden Scissors Unisex Salon in DC where the women who has cut his hair for the last 15 years is Dominican... I don't have her name but my husband is looking for a Dominican hairdresser/barber, so far everyone else has managed to butcher his hair....

Golden Scissors Unisex Salon
1824 Columbia Rd. , NW
Washington DC 20009

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Lady,
I live in Alexandria. My wife, a dominicana, has tried several salons in Northern Virginia with dominicanas in them, but often goes back to one in Mt. Pleasant (DC) whose name escapes me just now. But I think she just found a place 2 weeks ago here in Virginia that she was reasonably satisified with. I'll inquire and report back to you.
Regards,
Keith

ladyday

Sep 16, 2003
I used to go to two different salons in d.c., one dominican salon in adams morgan. I am looking for one in N. VA because I don't want to travel to dc every week.

ALB3

Sep 15, 2003
Yes, Lucia (Lucy) does speak Spanish. She also speaks English. If you call and when they answer the phone in Spanish. Just ask for Lucy and you'll be on your way.

braider05

May 10, 2006
Well if you are willing to come to d.c.then you can check out vision's hair studio.Its in Adams Morgan, and tey do hair very well there. The owner is black and she does hair and tere are also Dominicans that work there also.I get my hair done there by Mercedes she is dominican and has does a very good job on my hair since i have been going there.The owners name in Shelly.

KKH

Apr 24, 2006
As one who is traveling this month to DR for the first time, what is it that Dominican hairdressers specialize in doing? It is obvious that you value the service you get!

Rockville2

Apr 6, 2008
Looking For $$ Hair Salon Silver Spring/Wheaton MD

I need to relax my hair desperately, I had it done in Brooklyn just before Thanksgiving - they did a great job. Now I just moved to Wheaton MD I I don't speak Spanish, so I can't seem to find a DR salon. So far I received price quotes of $85 for a perm/relaxer. This is just way too expensive for my budget. Please can anyone recommend a moderately priced salon in Wheaton/Silver Spring MD area. Thanks so much.

sota

Aug 22, 2011
There is a dominican hair stylist in Woodbridge VA :classic:
Her name is Amy (571)296-0745