Money Exchange at Las Americas Airport

Little_Monkey

Sep 2, 2002
Hello Dr1'ers.....

Does anyone know what time the Money Exchange Booth closes at the Las Americas Airport?

I will be arriving at 10:30 pm and figured it might be closed.
Any suggestions on the best place in the Boca Chica area that next morning.

Thanks,
"little"

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
littlelanvender said:
Hello Dr1'ers.....

Does anyone know what time the Money Exchange Booth closes at the Las Americas Airport?

I will be arriving at 10:30 pm and figured it might be closed.
Any suggestions on the best place in the Boca Chica area that next morning.

Thanks,
"little"

The Banco Reservas booths have always been open when I have arrived (except 5 a.m. once) , and if you are coming on the CO flight from Newark it has always been open for my friend even when that flight is late which seems to be all the time, as late as 12 midnight.

I am referring to the one in the luggage area. I haven't ever wanted to stop prior to passport control due to the line ups.

In Boca Chica the one I have found to offer the best rates in the tiny one across the street and a bit towards the Zanzibar end of the street from the Pension Suisse restaurant on Duarte.

The next best adn certainly the best air conditioned is the one right next to the Zanzibar in the newer looking sort of mall. You'll see it. They have a calling office with 4 phones inside.

Little_Monkey

Sep 2, 2002
Thanks

I hope they are open when we arrive. I guess I figured they might not be open that late.
I will also check out the one you mentioned next to Zanzibar. I know exactly where that is.....

Thanks again....

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
2nd Choice

littlelanvender said:
I hope they are open when we arrive. I guess I figured they might not be open that late.
I will also check out the one you mentioned next to Zanzibar. I know exactly where that is.....

Thanks again....

First, check out the one opposite the Suisse Restaurant - just look right across the street then a bit left - it is a small greenish shack with one or two very polite armed guys outside. Almost always better rates for US$ vs. the one next to Zanzibar, which is 2nd best.

Little_Monkey

Sep 2, 2002
found something...

I did more and more searching and found that the booth at the airport IS OPEN 24 HOURS !!!!!:classic:

Thanks for all you help !

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
A Tip: Regards the Airport

If you are going to Boca Chica just change enough US$ to get you by until the next day as I have found consistently they have lower rates at the BR booth than either Boca Chica cambio.

I mainly go to the BR luggage area cambio booth as you can then leave , e.g. walk away to the exit, and bypass customs and it is a lot faster and you don't stand in lineups.

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
Rick,
I did that last trip. I remembered what you said about traveling light with just a carryon, changing money and walking right through customs. By the way, littlelavender change most of your money in BC but if you are going into the capital for a visit you will usually find around +1-2pesos higher per dollar than in Boca Chica so I would change a little at the airport, a little in Boca Chica if you plan to go to the capital and change the majority there.
dale7(Howard)