Is Xmas/new year a good time to visit Punta Cana?

Margarita93

Sep 18, 2003
Hi Every one.

I'm planning to visit Punta Cana the week of Xmas/New year. Is this a good time (weather) to visit? How is the weather during this season? Would it be to cold to swim on the beach?
By the way, if any one know where (web site) to purchase a pacakage vacation to this area, please let me know as well.

Thanks

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
There are 365 "good" days a year (366 in 2004)

Margarita93 said:
Hi Every one.

I'm planning to visit Punta Cana the week of Xmas/New year. Is this a good time (weather) to visit? How is the weather during this season? Would it be to cold to swim on the beach?
By the way, if any one know where (web site) to purchase a pacakage vacation to this area, please let me know as well.

Thanks

To visit the DR and generally speaking the weather is the same almost every day other than varying amounts of rain. It is very far south you know. No snow or icebergs. No igloos. Or polar bears. Or penguins. Unless Pittsburgh is playing an exhibition game in the capital.

You might mention what part of the world you are in as a web site in Toronto for the packages is of little use if you are posting from Belgrade, Helsinki, or Islamabad.

That said if yout ARE in Toronto, I recommend www.belairtravel.com - good deals especially last minute.

Every decent sized Sunday paper will have a travel section with +/- 1,000 ads for these packages, so keep your eyes peeled in 72 hours. Every travel agent on earth sells them too.