Hippo and Venzuelan Oil

Apr 26, 2002
I think the people in this forum sometimes underestimate President Parasitolito. He's very good at what he cares about. Of course, what he cares about is political slime.

Take the whole Venezuelan oil thing. The discraced former Venezuelan president, Carlos Andres Perez, had long ago taken up residence in the DR and ingraciated himself with DR politicians - particularly in the PRD. One presumes that this was done by favors, gift giving and other means. He literally became a player in the DR political scene.

Every Dominican president has to kiss Venezuela's ass for preferential oil, and Hippo was no different. But when Chavez demanded Perez' head be turned over on a platter, this created a problem for Hippo since Perez had established a power base within the DR. But Hippo is handling it marvelously.

Hippo knows in a situation like this that it is better to have your hand forced then play a card. He saves face with Perez' friends because he waited until Venezuela actually cut off the oil before breaking the unfortunate news to Perez that he had better "get out of Dodge". By that point, Perez' own Dominican friends, who also need oil more than they need Perez, were telling him the same thing. Once gone, Hippo can and will begin to kiss Chavez' ass all over again - perhaps even dropping hints that his police have uncovered incriminating facts about Perez.

diablorojo

I look better in pink...
Sep 7, 2003
Chavez is a great man, a few Miami Mafia sponsored opposition groups can't destroy the will of the Venezuelan people......President Mejia should make stronger ties with Venezuela.....we need the Bolivarian Revolution to spill over :)! VIVA LA REPUBLICA DOMINICANA VIVA VENEZUELA :)! QUEREMOS OTRA CUBA :)!

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Why do you need another one? You can always move to the first Cuba. It's paradise! Oh. There's thing about having to have money which no Cubanos have (except the ones Castro pays from the money he's robbed from the poor people, or those other capitalists you hate in Miami) to attend a left wing school or get on the internet and spew. Forgot. Never mind.

Last edited:

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Diablorojo, you really should get off your 1950-60 soapbox and launch yourself into the 21st Century.

Marxism is passe and you are too!

You're like a dried up virgin old maid who doesn't know the first thing about delivering a newborn, and yet you continue to speil about your youth founded demigogory.

What say you? Are you willing to focus on reality or continue in your dreamworld, where one day you will awaken to the choking pain of your privates being stuffed down your throat by the Miami Mafiosa!

Texas Bill

Apr 26, 2002
Please don't allow Diablo to hijack the thread to a non-DR-related topic. He wants you to respond to Cuba or Venezuela or marxism so as to disrupt the postings about the real enemy of the Dominican people: Our corrupt political class.

It is well known that he is being paid by the PPH to cause disruption as an agent provacatur. He is a godless collaborator in the rape of the Dominican people by the corrupt political class that has sold our futures to foreign multilateral organizations. It has now been proven that he is not even Dominican!

The topic is not Venezuela or Cuba, but rather Hippo's political skill in achieving nefareous (sp?) goals.

Last edited:

diablorojo

I look better in pink...
Sep 7, 2003
Porfio_Rubirosa said:
Please don't allow Diablo to hijack the thread to a non-DR-related topic.

It is well known that he is being paid by the PPH to cause disruption as an agent provacatur. He is a collaborator in the rape of the Dominican people by the corrupt political class that has sold our futures to foreign multilateral organizations. It has now been proven that he is not even Dominican!

You just hijacked the thread to post your attempted slander of me.....

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
I'd say it was neither attempted (but completed), nor slander (truth). Since you've shown no evidence to the contrary, and have shown contempt for even giving a rudimentary accounting of who, or what, you are really as opposed to your sock puppet PPH personna here, why should anyone take you seriously? Your posts are laughable on the surface.

If Rob doesn't pull the trigger soon I think I'll start a thread tomorrow to get as much of the DR1 community as possible to put you on their ignore lists voluntarily. Then you and El General can have your own little private conversations without intruding on the true intellectual discourse that occurs here daily that you are so afraid of.

Bye bye S.P. Your days are numbered.

Last edited:

diablorojo

I look better in pink...
Sep 7, 2003
Porfio..... you are pretty immature.....you make verbal diahrrea and nothing more. What proof? You saying so? An AMERICAN NEOCON saying so??? LOL.....give it a rest, I'm here to discuss ideas, not myself with you people.....if you give personal information to strangers on forums this is your stupidity.....I don't.....So far you have proven you have the intellect of a child in that you cannot deal with ideas so you and your kind hijack threads and make attacks on character until the original meaning gets lost and then you cry foul at those you disagree with. GROW up....

I post what I think, yet what happens? Right wing politics is OK, left wing is bad according to the moderators here......its going off topic if I defend myself....but its OK to fill a forum with a hundred insults and attacks on MY character..... Sorry, but this is a very American way of thinking.....not Dominican, not Latin.....the day any of you, or the economic refugees in the west who post here and attempt to slander me represent the DR is the day I become the president of Taiwan.....

Apr 26, 2002
Do you have anything ... anything at all ... to say SPECIFICALLY about Hippo's handling of the oil crisis with Venezuela? This would NOT include any trite calls for some kind of revolution or the spouting of hate against Americans, as this would not have adequate nexus to the topic.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Porfio,

Do you actually think that Hippo is handling the Vene Oil problem out of conviction, political expediency or just plain stupidity?
I, personally doubt it is conviction.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Considering how much first hand experience I've had witnessing it here on DR1 lately, my vote is on that stupidity one.

diablorojo

I look better in pink...
Sep 7, 2003
Porfio do you have anything to say other than attempts to slander me and then when I defend myself to attempt to say I have nothing to say because I reply to you?

Apr 26, 2002
diablorojo said:
Porfio do you have anything to say other than attempts to slander me and then when I defend myself to attempt to say I have nothing to say because I reply to you?

Tony,

I think the man has no convictions. But that's my point. He is spectacularly successful at having no convictions - at being a pure unadulterated political animal. Is the man even pretending to care about the wellbeing of the country anymore? Does he think he has to pretend or has he learned that in a country as clientist as the DR it doesn't matter?

Diablorojo,

Yea, whatever.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Reference diablorojo!

I wholeheartedly recommend that we categorically ignore any and all future postings by said individual. In that manner we can carry on our debates, comments, suggestions in keeping with the thread being discussed.

It is a fruitless proposition to respond "knee-jerk" style to diablorojo's innuendos and farfetched comments relative to anything since any negatives are assumed by him to be attacks on his character and intellect.

It goes without saying that Mr. Chavez is not really in touch with reality, but is typical of Latin dictators, in that he is hanging onto his power come hell or high water. He will play Hippo to the hilt with the oil embargo until hippo gives in and forces the issue.

Nuff said.

Texas Bill

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
My question is:

How long can Hippo keep it up. If he continues as he has been the question will not be if the Dominican Economy will Collapse but when? Can he keep it up through his re-election? (A forgone conclusion in my estimation) If so? What happens after? Steal whats left and then run with the cash?

On the Topic of Vene Oil. Is the Mexico Deal enough to keep the DR in supply? Will they have to find other sources? Is Hippo just trying to string it along in hopes of getting another sweetheart deal from another country.

I do not believe that this Whole Carlos Andres Perez thing has anything to do with the US. The US doesn't like him either. To me it is just another place for Chavez to Point his figure at and say how it is not his fault that Venezuela is so messed up.

The DR is Logistically and georgraphically a lousy place to plan or execute and covert operation against Venezuela. Not to mention that one can hardly sneeze in the Dr without knocking over a spook.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Hippo and Venzuelan Oil.

I think it is a sad commentary that hippo has allowed the impasse over Perez to go as far as it has. It is obvious that these two heads of government are resorting to bellicosity over one individual.
Personally, I think it is all a prearranged conflict to change the peoples focus from the real issues at hand; that of the economic chaos caused by political chronyism and outright theft of the national treasury by the ruling party.
This applies to both countries, since they are both in the same boat economically. The power moves are singulary unique and yet the same in their impact on the public at large.
What better tactic than to change the subject by blaming another for ones ills. It is a common political maneuver universally and particularly in these two countries.
In the long run, DR will negotiate a way to get their oil, from Mexico or from Venzuela by whatever epediency come to hand. In the meantime, both countries have successfully smokescreened the real problems for the time being. It remains for the future to show the error of their ways and in the meantime, the people will suffer more economic hardship.
In the words of typical nonsense, Long Live "Whatever, Whenever, However".

Texas Bill

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
I learned something new in the Business Section of the Sunday edition of El Caribe:

The D.R. only receives something on the order of 15 to 20% of their petroleum / fuel supplies from Venezuela. Mexico is (and has been, as far back as their graph went) the supplier of 75% to 80% of the DR's petroleum.

I (along with most other uninformed people) had been under the impression that Venezuela supplied ALL of our petroleum. Go figure.

This situation looks to me to be similar to the argument that the rest of the Caribbean's tourism industry will collapse, once the U.S.'s embargo on Cuba is lifted and Americans can freely travel there, and they will stop coming to the DR and other destinations that aren't off-limits now to American tourists.

Bah! Who needs Chavez, or his oil?

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
REFIDOMSA, the local refinery has not been receiving Venezuelan Oil for quite sometime now. And thanks God because that oil was CRAP! High contents of Vanadium and Sulfur!! We have switched to Trinidad & Tobago, brasil and the middle east to substitute our Venezuelan imports.

For this reason I dont see it as much an issue of strategic resources supply but a foreign policy issue. Is Hipolito right in keeping a known thief, liar and corruptor under his protection here? After all, CAP-cana was buddies with Pe?a and critisized and hurt Balaguer's government in favor of the PRD everytime he could. I mean CAP and PRD are one and the same in philosophy and practice. So, if Hippo were to kick him out, would that not make him a Hippo-crite? (Not that he already isnt but..)

On the other hand Chavez has a legitimate right to protect his government using anymeans necessary. The question is, does severing diplomatic ties with us benefit his cause or not? What do0es he gain? Hurt our economy?Hurt our pride?

I think Hippo was warned about the repercussions of harboring CAP and he chose to stick with his friend and screw diplomacy. Thats why REFIDOMSA has switched oil supply since march-april.

Apr 26, 2002
The plot thickens.

Carlos Andres Perez has shuffled off to New York. I would have thought that was the beginning of the end. But now Chavez has upped the stakes by accusing the Dominican petroleum refiners of being involved.

Is Chavez pissed that the Dominicans dare buy their petroleum somewhere else? Or is it that he really believes that there is a widespread conspiracy against him in the DR where the US and his petroleum industry enemies are conspiring to get him. Inquiring minds want to know.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Pardon My Ignorance ...

Did I misunderstand that Venezuela never received actual money from the Dominican Republic for their oil anyway? What was the compensation? I'd buy the conspiracy theory actually. Makes sense if you wanted him gone to deny him the revenue that allows him to cling to power. But if there was no money changing hands for DR oil it's hard to see how that would hurt him. Can't withold from him something you were never giving him, right?