Smart phones with Codetel?

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Ok, I remember seeing the original Kyocera B&W Palmo OS smart phone in a codetel store a while back. I also know that codetel has data movil service.

The problem is trying to figure out exactly what I can get. I just got a Samsung i 500 smart phone/Palm OS PDA. In the states, I can surf the web, send and receive email, sync with my act database and even our web based CRM software etc. I can send ICQ and am working on yahoo etc.

I assume because this is a sprint PCS phone, that I can have it activated in the DR. The big question is. . . . .what will I be able to use it for down there? Will I get email, surf the wbe etc etc etc. How does the billing work etc.

If anyone here knows the answers, I'd be very grateful, because getting answers from Codetel is damn near impossible.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
rafael said:
If anyone here knows the answers, I'd be very grateful, because getting answers from Codetel is damn near impossible.
And you had the nerve to use the words smart and Codetel in the same sentence. That's never been done before here. Well, at least not with the shortened version of the word smart. Normally folks use the full length smart*ss.

I'd be interested in finding out as well. I had heard that another company was already providing some wireless/mobil internet services here on the North Coast. But getting any information, especially from Codetel, has proved to be a waste of time.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Bummer. The new phone is killer. I can email, websurf, ICQ, check mapquest, travelocity, track UPS and fedex etc etc etc. If I could ICQ and email on my cell phone in the DR. The beach would be my new office!!!