*** diablorojo ***

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
If you make one more post in the "Debates" forum your gone.

Your starting to aggravate me and that's not a good for your long term future on DR1...

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Robert,

As you know I disagree 100% with Diablorojo and what he stands for but I do admit he has woken up this fourm. He is at least educated.
Now if we can just get him to tone down the ridiculous name calling we will be in business!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
You mean if we could just get everyone to tone down the ridiculous name calling don't you? I see no angels around here. ;)

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Please, Anna, you know what he means. You get back what you sling out whether it's here in DR1 or in life for real.

I love debating politics, and political philosophies. Ask anyone! And I like to do it with humor. I would really enjoy having someone (other than AZB!) around with a really different opinion. But you have to be willing to listen, and respond rationally to arguments presented, to do that. And this child hasn't.

I am sick and tired of:
  • Blatant off-topic political asides tossed into posts on interesting subjects that have no relation to the subject what-so-ever
  • The posting of 5000 word manifestos plaigerized from other websites which often have little if any Dominican Republic content.
  • The not-so-thinly veild threats, continual name-calling and denegration in every post, and refusal to respect the rights of others who have a diverging opinion
  • The inability to address a thread topic instead of just starting a new thread. If he'd confine his posts to the topic, and his political rants to a thread for the political rants nobody else (inlcuding me, guilty!) would jump in to kill the thread. I know he knows how to create one!
  • The complete disruption of the normal conversation on hundreds of topics of interest to the DR on just about all subjects including politics.
Oh I could go on forever. But civil discourse requires civility. Respect even and especially for those you disagree with. Why? Because the whole purpose of the conversation is to win converts to your way of thinking. These posts clearly show that's not his intention. There is no need for anyone to behave this way to make a point. Unless your objective isn't to make a point, but rather just to provoke and disrupt.

Which is exactly what's being done here and one way or another it has to stop.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
diablorojo

XR...You are absolutely right!

In any normal debating, the pro's and con's have to follow the rules; which are designed to eliminate just what has been happening with regard to diablorojo. He simply doesn't follow any known rules.
Instead, he attacks without real provocation and expects others to take such attacks without question as fact. He gives absolutely no basis for his statements, doesn't provide background support for anything and expects complete acceptance of everything he says regardless.

I, for one will no longer respond to his inuendos, no matter the provocation. To me, he is an unmitigated fool and doesn't deserve to be responded to.

Texas Bill

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
DiablaRoja has indeed left the building.

Let's see, the previous doppleganger was GalloRojo. So what's next? RostroRojo? :: smile :: Should we start a poll, Bill? LOL. "What's the Communist Devil's next nick?"

Ah, well. Too bad. Really! I thouroughly enjoy being exposed to different viewpoints. But not to mindless mudslinging. R.I.P. DiablaRoja, wherever you went.

Tom (aka XR)

Last edited: