Preclear Flights To Usa From Dr

Transat

Jan 1, 2002
Sorry guys only in spanish!

Aeropuertos del pa?s usar?n moderno sistema pre-chequeo
El sistema de pre-chequeo a pasajeros que salen con destino a Estados Unidos, desde Rep?blica Dominicana, comenzar? aplicarse a m?s tardar en enero o febrero del 2004 en los aeropuertos del pa?s.
Carlos Gabriel Garc?a, director del Departamento Aeroportuario revel? que la Comisi?n Aeroportuaria aprob? el documento que era requerido por las autoridades norteamericanas, con la finalidad de que en el pr?ximo mes de noviembre la propuesta sea sometida ante el congreso de Estados Unidos. La pieza cuenta con el respaldo y la simpat?a de las autoridades norteamericanas.
Explic? el funcionario que el nuevo mecanismo permitir? a todos los viajeros nacionales y extranjeros que salgan desde el pa?s, hacia Estados Unidos, ingresar directamente a esa naci?n sin la necesidad de recibir el tedioso chequeo de que son objeto ?stos a su llegada a los aeropuertos norteamericanos.
El chequeo ser? realizado por un personal especializado del Servicio de Inmigraci?n y Naturalizaci?n norteamericano (SIN), que laborar? en las terminales, junto a los inspectores de migraci?n dominicanos.
Esto ser? sumamente provechoso para los pasajeros dominicanos y turistas que quieran trasladarse desde el pa?s hacia territorio norteamericano. As? podr?n ingresar a cualquier aeropuerto de Estados Unidos, como si fuera un vuelo dom?stico? manifest? Garc?a.
??Es decir que cuando un pasajero pase ya por ese cedazo en el pa?s, no ser? necesario que se le chequee y se le revise nuevamente a su entrada a los Estados Unidos?, manifest? el funcionario.
Destac? que ese m?todo ser? incluso una gran soluci?n para el problema de los ilegales que van desde la Rep?blica Dominicana hacia territorio norteamericano, con papeles falsificados porque ?stos ser?an detectados aqu? en los aeropuertos nacionales y no cuando lleguen a Estados Unidos. Precis? que otros controles m?s efectivos tambi?n ser?an los establecidos para verificar los equipajes de los viajeros para evitar que dentro de los mismos sean introducidos narc?ticos de contrabando hacia territorio estadounidense.
Resalt? que las autoridades aeroportuarias tienen en su agenda como un punto prioritario lograr que ese moderno sistema que ya ha sido implementado en otras islas del Caribe se convierta en una realidad muy pronto en la Rep?blica Dominicana.
Expres? que el m?todo beneficiar? significativamente a la consolidaci?n del turismo en el pa?s, y contribuir? a que la Rep?blica Dominicana se convierta en un punto importante de conexi?n de vuelos y de pasajeros que tengan como destino final Estados Unidos.
listin diario

finally the United States will have their offices of immigracion in the Dominican airports like here in canada, simplifying all the travellers lives, who will arrived in to the United States territory as if they came from a domestic flight.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
If True Then This is Good News

We have been doing this in major Canadian cities for several years and it makes connecting in MIA a lot faster. Doing the same on the DR end will be fabulous as there are some legendary lineups in MIA on arrival. I wonder if they will integrate it with the truly pointless exit process they have now.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Same system in Aruba..all flts are pre-clear ..also ireland they pre-clear immigration.....

I hope to see that soon

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
The airlines will love it, I suspect the pre-check gets them off the hook, if some undesirable (illegal) does get on board and makes it to the States. I believe the practice now from the D.R. is the airline is responsible for the costs of returning any undesirable to port of origin, with the pre-check the responsibility switches over to the U.S. Govt. Regards, PJT

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
International becomes Domestic

PJT said:
The airlines will love it, I suspect the pre-check gets them off the hook, if some undesirable (illegal) does get on board and makes it to the States. I believe the practice now from the D.R. is the airline is responsible for the costs of returning any undesirable to port of origin, with the pre-check the responsibility switches over to the U.S. Govt. Regards, PJT

After pre-clearance you are held in a departure area separate from flights going elsewhere - e.g. in Toronto you can only get on US bound flights, not Europe or Canada. So you arrive at a domestic gate like any other flight arriving in MIA, e.g. from Chicago.

Since you've cleared BOTH INS and Customs (they look through your bags if they want to, though in Toronto I haven't experienced that yet) you arrive, and go. So the discovery of an illegal alien at the arrival airport would be unlikely since they don't have any more screening or clearances to go through.

This project would entail more than just adding INS/Customs at passport control at SDQ though - they'd have to build the isolated waiting area including isolation from duty-free shops since you're past customs and could load up on swag.

Since so many flights are to the USA I'd think 1/2 the departure area would have to be cordoned off.

The AA Admiral's Club would have to be inside that pre-cleared area to be of any use and it is quite some distance away from the gates so maybe they have to make a hallway or tunnel access.

Stil pre-clearance is miles ahead of arrival at customs - get all the paperwork, DR and USA out of the way at once then clear sailing.