San Pedro de Macoris

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Hello everyone. I am here in San Pedro and would like to touch base with anyone who lives in the area. It's a beautiful city and so far I really like it....

Hope to hear from you here or via darlenegunter@hotmail.com

Formosano2000

Mar 5, 2003
planner said:
Hello everyone. I am here in San Pedro and would like to touch base with anyone who lives in the area. It's a beautiful city and so far I really like it....

Hope to hear from you here or via darlenegunter@hotmail.com

I've been working and living in San Pedro de Macoris since 1999.
A coloful city ? Yes. A beautiful city ? Hmmm, I don't know about that. But again beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Where in San Pedro do you live ?

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
He he he he my thoughts exactly. Beautiful is not one of the first words to roll off the tongue when describing San Pedro. Cool place to see a ball game etc, but beautiful?

Formosano2000

Mar 5, 2003
Perception

symister said:
hey planner

i agree with you i think SPM is beautiful, i go there every summer and i love it,

http://www.macoris.net

Methinks there is a big difference between summer visits and living here day in and day out since 1999. Jarabacoa, Samana, Las Terrenas are all beautiful. But when I think of San Pedro de Macoris, it's hard not to use the description "eyesore".

Hmmm, perhaps you can enlighten me and tell me some beautiful spots in SPM so I can regain a new appreciation for this motown ? ;)

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Beautiful?

If you find motoconcho drivers swarming around you like rabid mosquitoes as beautiful, then yes, I agree with you.

Of course I am only talking about the town, not the province.

symister

Apr 27, 2002
www.macoris.net
LOL! sheesh you guys are harsh,

i guess its up to me to defend SPM.

i have to admit that i have never been to the northern parts of DR but isnt that mostlly campos and campesinos up there, i dont think thats's fair thats like comparing Arizona to New York,

i live in San Diego, do you want me start talking about being swarmed with taxis when i get to the country??? dont even get me started....

i havent been anywhere in DR where it doesnt feel like im in a third world country so i dont think SPM as a city is anymore of an "eyesore" than any other city in DR, especially la capital,

la capital has some nice tourist things but is it just me or are they trying a little to hard to be a mini miami, i mean if your broke don't front like your not broke, in SPM they are broke and they don't try to pretend otherwise

in SPM the malecon is beautiful and a lot of the houses and buildings have beautiful old architecture, and the guloyas and the patronales are beautiful, the hotels and beaches surrounding SPM are excellent etc
maybe to dominicans it might be an eyesore but from a tourist perspective SPM is a cute little city with a lot of culture and cute people that do curious things

maybe watching a mother riding a motoconcho with her 3 kids isn't exactly beautiful but I find it fascinating LOL

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
Darlene

Glad to see you're there and settled. Hope all the kinks are working out fine.

I'll be living somewhere close to the north shore early in the new year-- expect you'll be on the golf courses from time to time up there? I'll keep an eye out for you.

Best,
Dawn

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
delay in response.......

Sorry for the delay! I've tried 4 different times to post a reply and each time got the error message I wan't logged on.....

Last attempt. I'm here in San Pedro and while I like the city I really do think I like the north shore better!!!! So in the next 30 days I'll be packing up and moving on........

San Pedro has been inteteresting. The people here have for the most part been very helpful! But as always - I've had to guard against being taken advantage of. That seems to be everywhere here.

went to a wonderful Bachata concert 2 weeks ago! Had a great time. I've enjoyed walking downtown and peoplewatching! There is definately more of a city centre here then in PUerto Plata. And it has been fairly easy to arrange for most services.

But I really do think my heart is on the north coast..... I'll keep you allposted.

Darlene

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
hi Darlene! Glad to hear you've made it...I told Angel just yesterday that I really need to e-mail you, because you're probably already there. How're things going? Hope the move went without a hitch and all is well. The CBL is not refunding season tix in Calgary here, and haven't paid a lot of their management staff. As far as I know, all the players have been paid, but they filed bankruptcy after they did so.

Drop me a line and let me know how all is going!
The boys say hi!
Trina