BasketBall Court in S.D. or B.C.

Anu Re

Aug 5, 2003
Just wondered if there are any courts or gyms that i can go to play some basketball in or near Santo Domingo or Boca Chica?
I know everyone plays soccer/football but the world is shrinkin' and i would love to get a couple games in while i'm there.
BahLer

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
I remember having to spend lots of time in Santo Domingo a few years ago trying to get my stuff out of customs, with a tall guy 'bahler' friend of mind from the states. He had no trouble getting into a game wherever he wanted just on the streets, and we all made new friends that way, too.

Tom (aka XR)

JDub

Apr 7, 2003
There's a court in Herrera in SD that I went to the whole summer. It's on La Isabela Aguillar(sp?) between Bateria Cometa and Repuestos Los Penas. Just ask a local where "La Cancha" is and I'm sure they'll point you where to go. It's an outside court that's usually filled with younger people, but if you have game they'll let you play. A great thing is that there's a colmado apropriately called "Las Cancha" so you can refuel in there. If you stay in Herrera it's the on I'd recommend.

Anu Re

Aug 5, 2003
Thanx for the info. I guess you're assumming that i'm an older guy. Im 34 so i'm not sure if that fits your definition but it don't matter cause i definitely got game. What about Boca Chica though? My hotel is actually there so it would be easier for me to play there.
Bahler

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Other than an AI it's doubtful in Boca Chica

Anu Re said:
Thanx for the info. I guess you're assumming that i'm an older guy. Im 34 so i'm not sure if that fits your definition but it don't matter cause i definitely got game. What about Boca Chica though? My hotel is actually there so it would be easier for me to play there.
Bahler

I suppose it's possible Hamaca might have one, but I have not seen a basketball let alone a basketball court in Boca Chica in 6+ years. There's a couple of gyms but they are the weightlifting types and not like the "Y".