Cable problems

dreamer28078

Feb 15, 2002
If someone could help me with information on cable in Santo Domingo. I am moving there in about two weeks and would like to know the difference between telecable and aster cable. I tried to pull it up on the internet without any success. Which of these two are better than the other. Thank you any information is greatly appreciated.

apadron

Aug 9, 2003
I have Telecable and it works great... I have been told that Aster has problems and would stay away from it. Just be prepared to wait a while for installation as it took me over two weeks to get it installed. I was told that the installers were on strike. And whenever I called I was told it would be either today or tomorrow. Best of Luck...

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
I have tried both Supercable and Aster. Neither of them are great, but I prefer aster. On the coast, they have some smaller cable service which is much better.

My one comment about choosing a cable service is this: choose based on the service you SEE, not on the list of channels they say they offer. Their listings are not at all accurate.