mountain weather

Sep 20, 2003
i am wondering if there are towns up in the dominican mountains that are real cool year round?

i visit the phillipines in 1982 and the weather in manila was incredibly hot. my family boarded a bus for a mountian retreat and the weather was rarely above 70F.

are there any towns like that in the republic?

Last edited:

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
I lived in the mountain at an altitude of about 3000 feet and it was still hot when it's sunny. The earth is a lot more closer to the land and so even though at times the evening were nice and cool, the day time could become unbearable. There was a lot less humidity so it made the heat a little less noticable.

Around winter time it was cool during the day and at night I would at times were wool sweaters and sleep in socks and flannel nightgown.

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
I have only been in the Santiago Province and...

The Dominican Republic is a tropical island and along the coasts of course it is very warm. In my opinion, Santiago, San Jose de las Matas, and surrounding cities that are of higher altitute are warm during the day but cool enough at night to use a light blanket or sheet. I am from Michigan and am used to warm summers and extremely cold winters and I find that in Santiago province it is comfortable for me. Now the coasts are a different story. I can't quote temps but it feels to get around 80degrees during the day, not real humid, and about 60degrees at night, just basing this on my built in thermometer:)
dale7(Howard)

Sep 20, 2003
what town sits at the highest elevation in the republic? what is the lowest temperture in the republic in the winter/ what is the average hottest temp in the summer?

are the mountain areas still forested? what parts of the domininacn republic are deforested like haiti?

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Pay a visit to Constanza. Can cool off early afternoon in the middle of summer. Some lovely scenery, and good hotels there.

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
joel pacheco said:
what town sits at the highest elevation in the republic? what is the lowest temperture in the republic in the winter/ what is the average hottest temp in the summer?

are the mountain areas still forested? what parts of the domininacn republic are deforested like haiti?

Forestation depends really on where you are going to be. Where I lived it was becoming severly deforested but thanks to FORESTA and other NGO's there have been major reforestation projects on the steep mountain slopes. We had mostly pine trees in the area. If I could scan a picture I would show you the mountain areas, to say the least they are beautiful.