When will the Power be Back?

Americano

Aug 2, 2003
www.dominicanvilla.com
Anyone have a clue when the power will be back after the quake?

I know this is like asking what the meaning of life is, or if a tree falls in the forest, or which God is the one and only true God.....

But, what are the power people saying?

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Depends on where you're at I guess. We've had power from EdeNorte for several hours on El Choco. All the normal lights that go out along the coast when we lose power can be seen twinkling brightly from here right now, too. Heard Cabarete was fine from Peter & Alex.

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
Our area of Santiago has been fine all night and day.....

....turned off for a total of 5 mins after the 1st wave....went right back on line and has been on since.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
You may need to check the lines from where you are to where the main lines enter. We had four or five breaks between here and the road. I mapped them all and when I bumped into a work crew gave them the map and explained where they all were. And surprised me! They actually fixed them all right away! Could be a line like that, or one of the little fuses over the transformer, too. We have to constantly watch those and report them to EdeNorte.

Good Luck.

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Cabarete power back on around midday yesterday (22nd), Pro Cab back on a little later as there was a line down on the entry feeder.
However, it's off again today, but probably just an outage for other repairs?