having a kid in dominican republic

Brian

Jan 5, 2002
Hello a friend of mine who has been seeing a girl in Dr says she is 3 months pregnant.Is there any way to find out if he is the father before the kid is Born.He is going there in 2 weeks and wants to do a patenity test or something.She says he is the father.Does he have any right to bring the baby back to the states or doe he have to marry the mother.Pablo GUZMAN can you please offer him some help as what to do or what hospital to go to wih the mother to find this out.Thanks BRIAN NY

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
You Can If She'll Do It

Brian said:
Hello a friend of mine who has been seeing a girl in Dr says she is 3 months pregnant.Is there any way to find out if he is the father before the kid is Born.He is going there in 2 weeks and wants to do a patenity test or something.She says he is the father.Does he have any right to bring the baby back to the states or doe he have to marry the mother.Pablo GUZMAN can you please offer him some help as what to do or what hospital to go to wih the mother to find this out.Thanks BRIAN NY

There are pre-natal tests but the mother may not want the needle stuck in her to get the sample right now and I bet she's probably able to make that stick.

Post- birth they can do DNA testing in a number of places in the DR. In fact they can start with a simple blood test since unless she and he are the same blood type the baby will have a blood type that would take both parents' into account.

You can ( I think) register a foreign birth with the US Consulate but I doubt that gives him the right to take the baby from his mother to the US or anywhere else for that matter.

He doesn't HAVE to marry anyone he doesn't want. If you go there you will find, oh, roughly, 2,000,000 single mothers already proving that rule.

If you want legal help in country to assist your friend in terms of representation, two tips: You can go to the lawyer's web site and offer to hire him and also you may want to address him by his actual name which is Mr. Fabio Guzman.