merengue

EmmaKaryn

Sep 16, 2002
I was wondering if anyone could help... i love dominican music and when i was the in DR earlier this year, heard some fantastic slow songs sang by a female.... was wondering what female artists are generally popular over there? Ta!

Aug 14, 2003
merengueras

Milly Quezada, she is a very good singer and her merengues are the 'slow'-romantic kind... I like her :)

Kisses...

DJ

jorge_33

May 27, 2003
whatever happened to "Las Chicas de Can" they ere hot back in the late 80's early 90's. Anyone???

Regards,
Jorge

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
jorge_33 said:
whatever happened to "Las Chicas de Can" they ere hot back in the late 80's early 90's. Anyone???

Regards,
Jorge

You answered your own question. They were "HOT". Now they are older. Not so "Hot" anymore. Nobody paid attention to them for their music.

Aug 14, 2003
Fefita!! LOL she is soooooooo much fun!!

We dont have many merengueras, but you can find some stuff about Miriam Cruz, Olga Ta?on, Giselle and Jessica on kazaa... try before you buy :)

Kisses..

DJ

JDub

Apr 7, 2003
wow I was like 7 or 8 when las Chicas del Can were big. All I remember was them always saying "Las Chicas..........del Caaaaaaan!!!" lol

jorge_33

May 27, 2003
I still have a tape from one of their concerts in Venezuela... now in these day nobody knows what happened to the famous "Chicas", but you would be surprised if I tell you that you still can listen their music in some radio stations in Argentina.
It sounds like the VH1 show, "WHERE ARE THEY NOW?" Homework for the weekend.

Regards,

Jorge

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Keith R said:
Gee, I thought it was because they broke up during the 1990s...

They did. The main reason was because people where not interested in them anymore because their looks had slid. Nasty Business the Music Industry.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Where are Las Chicas del Can???

I can tell you where they are.....in a dumpster!!!

All Las Chicas had to offer was good looks and great bodies. But now they have all turned into old, fat mature married women with tons of kids. Some may be grandmas.

TW