Cabarete vs. Sosua, ayudame:)

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
Ok, a repost here. I've narrowed down to Sosua/Cabarete for around Thanksgiving. Stuck going by myself, friend changed mind and I would like some opinions on what town I should stay at. I know they are close to each other but for those who don't know me, 26yrs old, partier, woman chaser, etc. What town is less expensive, better nightlife since it's my first time to a North Coast Beach. I was thinking if I stay in Sosua maybe to stay at Rocky's? How far is Rocky's from the beach? I can always take a motoconcho. If in Cabarete: Banana Boat or Casa Blanca? As long as the room is 35US or less, I am fine. Any thoughts out there? Thanks for any info:)
dale7(Howard)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Howard, based on your interests, I'd recommend Cabarete. You can easily visit Sosua by very inexpensive public transportation.

Are you signed up for the dr1 get-together on the 27th?

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Cabarete would be a good choice - and Sosua is 20 minutes away if you get bored with Cabarete.

Banana Boat is very basic but fine - Don't know about Casa Blanca.

marina

Jan 2, 2002
www.kitexcite.com
Casa Blanca is a good choice. Close enough to downtown area but quiet for relaxing/sleeping (it's located two streets off the main strip, less than 5 minute walk to bars/restaurants). The beach is about 50 meters from the property.

Marina
kitexcite.com

DamnYankee

Feb 9, 2003
No more boca chica

Howard, the good news is you can't go wrong either way and after you've been to the north coast I think your boca chica days are over. Have fun

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
I think Cabarete will be my choice then. I was leaning towards that anyways but wanted to make sure. I haven't signed up for DR1 get together yet, I have to buy the tickets first after I clear it through my job and then see what I can do. A couple more add on questions. How much is taxi from POP airport to Cabarete? Does Casa Blanca usually have rooms available, general idea of cost, any type of contact info(addy, tele, or email)? Maybe I will be done with BC but I have to try the north coast out. Thanks all.
dale7(Howard)

marina

Jan 2, 2002
www.kitexcite.com
Re: good, clean hotel rooms for $35.... yes, you can get 3 star level lodging accommodations for around $35 plus. Cabarete Surf Camp, Casa Blanca, Caribe Surf Motel, Kitexcite Beach Hotel to name a few...... if you are coming during low season (before Dec 15) usually you don't need a reservation. Most places accept cash or tc's only. Nicer hotels accept credit cards. Taxi from POP to Cabarete is $20US.

Marina

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Dale

I think you should stay in sosua. Rockys is a 5 minute walk to the beach. The nightlife is better in sosua. If you want a better beach in the daytime, you can grab a moto to Cabarete (I am assuming you wont have a car). Cabarete beach is unbelieveable but the nightlife is a little weak.If you do p[lan on staying at Rockys, e-mail Marco well in advance and ask for a reservation. He is probably booked up for that week already though so then I would direct you to the Europa which will run you 30 to 35 per night. Its a 10 minute walk to the beach but very nice and clean.
Larry

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Taxi from POP to Cabarete is $20US.--Marina

For you maybe. For a Dominican it would cost 250 pesos (8 dollars). For a gringo who can haggle, 300 - 350 (10 dollars). For a gringo who cant haggle and just accepts the price told to him 20 dollars.

Larry

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Here is a tip to get the cream of the crop.

I prefer Sosua beach but if you like to meet some cute santiagueras on the weekend, then go to beach bars in Cabarete. These girls look foreigners but since they are far more sexier and speak spanish, then this could only mean they are from santiago. These girls would like a young handsome guy like yourself. Give them a try. If you fail, then you have all the ugly hookers from sosua to cabarete waiting to snatch you away. I suggest do try santiago girls in cabarete bars. Just walk on the beach and see what bar has the most action, then simply join in. Dress well and stay with the current caribbean fashion when it comes to clothing.

marina

Jan 2, 2002
www.kitexcite.com
Larry I don't pay for taxi's.. I live in Cabarete and own a business. I tell people $20 because my guests usually come with board bags full of gear and don't speak spanish. What's the big deal with $20US? Who wants to haggle when you just get off a long flight and just want to get to the beach and settle in?

As far as nightlife in Sosua versus Cabarete, I totally disagree. Cabarete is the place for younger people to party at night. People start going out at 10 or 11p and party until 5 or 6 in the morning! Everybody basically ends up on Onno's, Barrio Latino or Lax. The great thing about Cabarete as well is that everything is located in one strip so you can cruise the beach in less than 10 minutes and pick what place looks the most happening to you.