Just Checking In

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
Hey Everyone...

How is all??? Trying to catch up on the reading but I just do not seem to have the time. Thanks to Maryanne and Escott for coming in to talk this week. Anyone in the mood for a small get together nextweek for a drink - somewhere in Cabarete?

Talk to you soon.

GG

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
You let Escott and his hairy back into your living quarters, and never invited me? Well, I am hurt!

Name the place and time, GG. LAX? Jose O'Shea's? 4-5-6'ish? What day?

Tom (aka XR)

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
GG

I was in Cabarete last week and if I had known where your store is I would have popped in to say hello. I wish I could have met XR too but had too much to pack into a small trip. Next time for sure. I am happy you seem to be doing better GG. Enjoy that beautiful beach!
Larry

By the way, Jose O'Sheas is a complete rip off. 48 pesos for a f**king pepsi.
Larry

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
That's what he get's I think for going with AZB. They see him coming a mile away. And, Chris, I bet he didn't even get one of those cut little plastic Angel Fish on his glass! Pobre cito!

Tom (aka XR)

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
plastic fish..

Well now, I have at least 99 of those little fishes lying around - anyone in the market for teeny plastic fishes?

Oh yes, GirlieGirl, name the time and place (not Monday or Tuesday for us) and I'm sure Peter from Peter and Alex fame will also join us.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
XanaduRanch said:
That's what he get's I think for going with AZB. They see him coming a mile away. And, Chris, I bet he didn't even get one of those cut little plastic Angel Fish on his glass! Pobre cito!

Tom (aka XR)

Yes I got one of the plastic cups with the little plastic fish. I was going to order the "painkiller" or whatever that drink was with the dark rum in it but I think that was around 500 pesos so I just got a pepsi instead . I spent the time drinking my pepsi observing the happenings at the bar. I figured out the oldtimer from Philly (I think) owns the place and his son (appears to be anyway) seems to be running it. There was a blond female sitting at the bar who I guess is his daughter. She just sat there looking sullen looking and having a drink. I sat and watched as all 3 of them treated the Dominican staff like shit. Very disrepectful to the bartender, the waitresses and the guys cooking . What a bunch of assholes. They can keep their 48 peso pepsi and plastic fish.
Larry

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
You get a plastic cup? We'll us locals get real glass with great big drinks in them... and many many cute little fishes. And no-one treats the wait staff bad if we're there. And if they mess up our fried mushrooms, they make us a whole new big batch. And the musician in the evenings plays just whatever we want him to play and sing... Sounds like you appeared at a bad moment and should have been buying a drink for one of us locals. ;) You come to our town and don't even tell us you're around -- no wonder they charged you the price of a Presidente for a Pepsi..

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
I got a big plastic glass with a face on it and a plastic fishy on the side. I would have e-mailed a couple of you to let you know I was in town but my schedule was a little precarious as I was bouncing around a bit. I owe Bushbaby a dinner on my next trip because I had told him I would meet up with him again but had to cancel. Hope to meet You guys (XR,Chris and GG) next time.
Larry

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
No worries, we're just pulling your leg a little. But the plastic vs glass is quite funny. You can usually pick up from the glass whether it is someone who lives here, or a tourist. Because we've long ago told him to serve us in glass, not in plastic.

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
Okay...

Sorry I did not check this sooner escott! Have a safe flight and we will do something next time around, I promise. As for this week. Anytime is good for me. We close up the shop at 7 (on 8 on friday and saturday). Our preference is of course Lax... but that is because we know all the staff and rarely pay anything for alcohol... Wednesday Night at Lax is Thai Night, so they have there usual menu plus a thai menu that you can choose from and the chicken curry extra spicy is fantastic. If anyone is up for it tomorrow after 7pm, let me know. Or if another night is better... just speak up. I will check this wedensday morning (tomorrow) by 11am...I promise.

GG

DamnYankee

Feb 9, 2003
GirlieGirl

Hey Girlie, do you rent/sell surf boards in your store, or is it just clothes??? I will be there Nov. thru Dec. and it would be nice to meet some people from here.

maryanne

Mar 16, 2003
It was great to meet you GG, your hubby and your sister! What a cool bunch of people you all are! I'm so glad that I made the trip over to Cabarete!

We'll have to get together again next time I'm in town.

Maryanne

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
Hey There

Maryanne: It was wonderful having you... you guys were a blast to hang out and talk with.

Damn Yankee: Eventually we intend on carrying all that we can. We are new so we start small, but are gradually expanding. We plan on having some boards in for sale in high season. We still have to talk to some board makers and see what they can do for us. We are ripcurls only licensed distributor in the DR, so we intend on stocking some of their boards soon. Come January we are getting our 2004 orders delivered for RipCurl, Billabong, Split, Cobian and a few smaller places like unhinged. So we will see what the season demands when it picks up. Definately stop on in and at least say hi.

XR: Whats up... are we all getting together tonight or are we going to have to make it another night? Email at TrendsettersDR@yahoo.com and we will figure something out.

GG

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
THANKKKKKKKKK YOU

I just wanted to drop in and thank Christa, Richard, Amy, Goldilocks, Tom, Alba and Mr.JanH (Doug) for coming out on Thursday night. It really was a blast... and Tom it was awesome to meet you and listen to all the interesting things you had to tell. I really think that we should do it again sometime. Oh and Christa & Richard thanks for everything over and above Wednesday night!

GG