BeachFront Vila

NIR23

Sep 28, 2003
Hi everybody

First , thanks to those who spend time and answering us and others .

From the noisy Jerusalem me and my wife are dreaming of living on a beachfront house in a tropical island .
In my web search I encountered DR and think it might be our answer .
I thought it would be much wiser to rent a house for a few month (up to a year ) see if it is really so .
I would be happy to get some information about prices of buying/renting of that kind of a house
(our dream is specific , it must be a beachfront )
I saw some ads about that but the prices where not for ordinary people like us (600 k$ and above)
Any information/advices about areas,beaches,prices would be appreciated .
If anyone of the forum members knows about a specific property I'll be happy to hear about .

Thanks again

Nir & Rotem

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Good luck with your search. The Sosua/Cabarete area would be a good choice. Check your inbox for an email.

rahim

Aug 16, 2002
Hey.. I just spent 3 weeks in Punta cana area.. there are some bungalows called "Los Corales".. they are right on beach very well done.. basic.... but landscape was great and had a resturant on beach.. not sure of phone etc... but if you want on the beach.. I have to say it had a "good feel"..

good luck

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Beachfront house

I don't want to put a damp on your dream, but personally I don't think is a wise idea to live right next to the ocean. The reason is that the salty water corrodes everything made out of metal. IMO I would prefer to find a place where I could have a nice unobstructed view of the ocean, but far enough that I don't get affected by the salt in the air, also close enough that you can walk to the beach. So I would say, up on a hill, about 1 kilometer away sounds about right...just my two cents

NIR23

Sep 28, 2003
Hi All

Hi All

Thanks for your replies .
We started searching our dream beachfront property and I guess we'll visit DR in a couple of month

Bye

Nir & Rotem

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Come and rent for a year and search calmly. You may want to rent in a destination to see if you like that area before making a purchase. Meet lots of people so that you can narrow down your search to what you are really looking for. You may also consider the pros and cons of purchasing an isolated property, versus purchasing in one of the gated communities that guarantee basic utilities and security.