first time post

ken kopas

Jun 22, 2003
Hello DR1'ers
This is my first post after having recently rediscovered DR1. My wife Sandy and I have been visiting the Sosua area since 1991 and purchased a home there earlier this year. We will be coming down on Xmas day for a few weeks and look forward to meeting some of you. What are the plans fo Xmas? Anything like Thanksgiving? I hope all is well in the area after the Quake the other day.
Hoping to hear from you soon.
Ken & Sandy

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Welcome to the board. Glad you finally found us. Where is your house? I live in El Neptuno along with Escott and alanindr, and a number of other posters have homes in Sosua and Cabarete.

ken kopas

Jun 22, 2003
We are in Casa Linda in Sosua and stayed many times at Sosua by The Sea. Did the town survive the quake OK?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
JanH and husband Doug have a house in Casa Linda and will be here at Christmas time. You can contact them by looking for one of JanH's posts and clicking the email or PM button underneath. Several other posters have houses there, too.

Yes, town survived. The 3-story building next to the Texaco gas station will have to come down, and the building Harrison Jewelry is in will also be brought down. Otherwise, no big problem.

Supermarkets and liquor stores were closed a day cleaning up. Much of their stock ended up on the floor.

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Hola ken kopas!!!!!!!!!

DR1 has---
Members: 4,230, Threads: 24,613, Posts: 152,705

Do your homework (Search, Search, and Search again!)
Ask your questions.
And Good Luck!

By the way---
Welcome to DR1!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Thanks
Tim H.

Help, and be Helped.
That?s why were here!!!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Christmas & New Year

Hi Ken & Sandy,
We always have a traditional Christmas dinner get-together here and a champagne bash on New Year's eve. I don't know how many DR1'ers will be here as at that time. They may all be at home with their families, but you will certainly get to meet a lot of the local ex-pats.
Marco.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
I tried a Christmas DR1 get together last year but only had a dozen or 15 people. The diehards with no family were the only ones to come. I gave up on Christmas as a day of togetherness for DR1. New Years in Sosua has been dominated by Rockys for years and will probably be the same this year. He gives away 50 plus bottles of champagne so that draws all the folks there.

If anyone wants to do a Christmas dinner again I would love to join you all but don't count on a biggun because that day doesn't fly.

Cahada and wife live in CL, Girlygirl and family live in CL, Eric Carignon lives there as well as JanH so you have plenty of company.

Escott

Last edited:

ecarignan

Jan 9, 2003
www.commtech.ca
Hi Ken and Sandy,

I, too will be there for Christmas vacation at Casa Linda. Looking forward to meeting you. I'll be there with my wife and daughter (6 yrs).

PM me and we'll make plans, I know JanH will be there too.

ecarignan

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
Welcome - Yes we own a vacation home there. Ecarignan lives across the street. We will be flying down around the 27th with our 21-year old and my spritely dad - for 2 weeks.

A new poster, Bobbytbird, also lives there but haven't heard if they're coming down then.

We were hoping there would be a New Year's bash somewhere. Glad to hear it's a tradition at Rocky's.

Ken, Scott - Wasn't someone taking a poll for Xmas dinner (before or after Xmas)? What ever happened? Did they decide on a date?

Ken Kopas - Hit the "PM" button below this message and we'll start corresponding via email. Other neighbors in CL keep in touch with one another.