best place to stay fro 3 girls in 20's

Jessnyc

Sep 27, 2003
hello everybody, im hoping you'll can help me. my friends and i want to go to a place that has a beautiful beach and a very active nightlife. we also want to be around as many classy dominicans as possible. i was thinking about staying at the hamaca in boca chica but i heard mixed reviews. some people are saying that all lower class people go to boca chica. im very confused because some people say its a really good place to go. Also where do the popular merengue and bachata bands perform? Thank you!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
If you will be staying in beach resorts (doesn't matter where in DR) you will always be meeting low class dominicans. These servents of the resorts will try to win your friendship and ultimately your trust but they will always disappoint you in the end. All they want is either a visa out to a foreign country or snatch as much money from you as possible. Many western women fall in love with these scums and marry them. These low class, uneducated dominicans are no representatives of the real dominican society. When I say dominican society, I am not refering to the upper crust society, just regular decent dominicans. These dominicans that you will meet look more like Hatians and less like the miss universe type you have seen on TV.
If you would like to meet the real dominicans (the ones that many DR1 members never get to meet) come to santo domingo and if you like to meet some really down to earth good dominicans then come to santiago. La vega is also a good place to go and meet young atractive dominicans.
P.S. when you are in the company of the real dominican men, you women would never have to pay to anything. The man will always treat you to everything.

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
You don't say when you intend to come to the DR?
Cabarete is your place!! Good beach, good daily activity (in season), good night life - and you're just a hop skip and a jump from Sosua.
Cabarete fills up on weekends and holidays with the wealthier Dominican set from SD and Santiago for the kiteboarding and windsurfing so you can meet all sorts here. Expect to party from 10.00pm to dawn on the beach!!!
Welcome, you'll just love it!

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
AZB is the guy that lives 1.5 hours from any beach that tries to attract people to Santiago with the thought of HIGH CLASS while just like anywhere else on the Island you have all ranges of class.

He says everyone that is NOT from Santiago is low class. This is way NOT true but find out for yourselves. Everyone from Santiago goes to the beach on weekends except AZB because he is too poor to afford the gas for his 25cc scooter so he has to suffer in the HOT STICKY CITY and wishes that on everyone he has the opportunity to talk to.

Go to Cabarete and let the cards fall where they may. Only ones that will talk you into a stinky sticky HOT city are those that live there.

Have a good time.

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
Cabarete is the place you have to go.
you will find lots of wealthy dominicans on weekend.
Onno bar and Barrio latino are the best places to go.
in sosua you can go to Voodoo lounge. this place is the best and classy place in the north (that include santiago), you will find here the most beautiful people and the best music. this place is very expensive, but this is good to keep away from sankies and putas.
this place is as good as any nice bar in santo domingo. Trust me, i drive 3 hours from santo domingo every saturday to go to this place.
Punta cana is also very popular on weekends. you can go to Mangu or Karaya. lots of rich dominicans here too.
Forget boca chica. this is the last place in earth i would go.
lots of putas and veeeery low class dominicans.

robin kbh

Sep 25, 2003
www.kitebeachhotel.com
hello everybody
this is my first posting here, and don't want to go into controversies..

is it just me or this discussion about high/low class people seems to be kind of outdated, out of place and in sheer bad taste...?

(stating the obvious: 1- I could choose not to follow this thread...2-everybody posts whatever they want... well, low season and too much free time !!)

do we take these young girls too seriously ? maybe (hopefully) for them class is equivalent to education and decency, not to money and skin color. but if the latter, maybe they have to forget about the north coast and go to La Romana

in my case, cabarete forever !!!

Robin Mathew
Kite Beach Hotel
cabarete
www.kitebeachhotel.com

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Hi, Robin, glad you stopped lurking.

This is not the first time young girls who are full of themselves have asked questions that raised a few eyebrows. One wonders how much international travel experience they have.

Hopefully they will have a good time and won't post in the future about the wonderful sankis they fell in love with.

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
robin kbh said:
do we take these young girls too seriously ? maybe (hopefully) for them class is equivalent to education and decency, not to money and skin color. but if the latter, maybe they have to forget about the north coast and go to La Romana

There are always new members asking the usual information and unfortunately the same old answers need to be repeated. In my opinion, it w/b rude not to take them seriously.

The fact that these girls are very young is indicative that their travel experience is limited. We need to take that into account and educate them a little.

My two cents.

Jessnyc

Sep 27, 2003
I just wanted a place with as little sankies as possible. You guys blew it out of proportion. and what is with that comment "girls who are full of themselves" what is wrong with a girl to ask for advice? where did that comment come from? If your going on vacation, I and everyone else would want to enjoy themselves. What is wrong with wanting a nice place to stay and relax, without having watch your back everywhere you turn?

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Jessnyc said:
I just wanted a place with as little sankies as possible.

if you want that stay away from the North Coast!
Puerto Plata/Sosua/Caberete is Sankie Central.
Your best bet is Santo Domingo which is the Party/Nightlife capital of the country. Then take short day trips east for some beach action.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
You've indicated that you want to: stay at a resort with a beautiful beach and a very active night life; have as few sankis as possible. You have a problem, as AZB indicated in his response, because there are sankis at the resorts that meet your other requirements

But just because there are sankis doesn't mean you have to fall under their influence. We seem to get posts from three types of girls: 1. Those who get swept off their feet by sankis and keep coming back to the DR for more; 2. Those who quickly discourage the sankis and enjoy a sanki-less vacation; 3. Those who are here for a good time, see the sankis as a novelty but nothing to get serious about, and include the sankis in their vacation activities as nothing more than a momentary diversion.

Since it is almost certain sankis will be part of the night-life scene at whatever beach resort you choose, you might want to ask for advice on how to discourage them besides laughing at their predictable advances. (expecting them to pay for the drinks, etc., is another useful technique)

Last edited:

pasha

Sep 4, 2003
Since it appears that..... at least one of Ken's messages [drawing from dim memory here] was deleted by the moderator, I'm having to wing it.

Fobeca, seems like his first post was to the effect that Jessnyc's repeated question about Cabarete [also deleted?], had already been answered in a number of previous posts. Thus, it looked as if she hadn't been reading some very good responses to her own inquiry. [But then I think a few days back Jessnyc originally started two threads with same subject line....maybe.]

Getting my dog out of this fight, with a suggestion to the moderator that all messages be left so there's context. Don't think Ken's too far off the mark however....just practicing tough love.

Best, P

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The confustion, pasha, was because she started two posts with the same question.

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
no need to defend Ken to me

pasha said:
Since it appears that..... at least one of Ken's messages [drawing from dim memory here] was deleted by the moderator, I'm having to wing it.

Fobeca, seems like his first post was to the effect that Jessnyc's repeated question about Cabarete [also deleted?], had already been answered in a number of previous posts. Thus, it looked as if she hadn't been reading some very good responses to her own inquiry. [But then I think a few days back Jessnyc originally started two threads with same subject line....maybe.]

Getting my dog out of this fight, with a suggestion to the moderator that all messages be left so there's context. Don't think Ken's too far off the mark however....just practicing tough love.
Best, P

I know he is usually right, I just think Jessnyc is a little concerned about her trip and is looking for real answers (which she is not getting btw).

Jessnyc, I suggest you go to Cabarete or Sosua, enjoy yourselves and don't worry so much. You're probably safer with the sankis at the resort than you are with strangers in a club somewhere else. Remember, these sankis can dance with you all night long, and they need to behave themselves while at the resort. So, have fun and on your next trip to the DR plan it so you'd have more time to go out and explore how the other half lives. 5 days is not enough time to do all that. Write a report when you come back.

Take care.

pasha

Sep 4, 2003
Re: no need to defend Ken to me

Forbeca said:
I know he is usually right, I just think Jessnyc.....
Wow! Now I see how fights begin in some of these threads. I didn't mean to "defend Ken" to you or otherwise encroach in the conversation in an untoward manner...particularly since you're a long time DR person full of good knowledge and advice. But think you should read the complete, unadulterated series of posts before getting snippy. Ma'am.

Best, P

JDub

Apr 7, 2003
Jessnyc,
I'm 20 and I stayed in Santo Domingo for 6 weeks this past summer, and I found it very convenient. It has all the ammenities you need. It has all types restaurants, including McD's & Taco Bell if you get home sick, it has a countless number of clubs, all types of people, malls, fast, realiable transportation, many historical landmarks (I highly recommend going to at least two), and so many other spots. When I was there, I just called up a taxi whenever I wanted to go to a beach. As far as meeting classy people, there's never a garauntee that you're going to find any no matter where you stay. Of course, your chances are better in some places than others, but I say don't concentrate on that; concentrate on partying, drinking, dancing, enjoying your friendships and you'll run into some cool people, you feel me? I don't know your definition of classy people, but when it comes to socializing, I don't care about their economic status. I just go out and if I'm feeling somebody, I chill and talk with them. If I find that the person is on the same level as me, I buy them a drink. Vacations are about relaxing and partying.:cool:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
There are two threads with the same question. One is here and the other was moved to the mars/venus forum. Can't remember ever deleting any of Ken's posts ;) Maybe I should merge with this one so people don't get lost. LOL

Ok I can't merge with another forum. Jess has a reply in mars/venus as to what she thinks is classy.

Check out her answer

Last edited:

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
didn't mean to be 'snippy'

pasha said:
Wow! Now I see how fights begin in some of these threads. I didn't mean to "defend Ken" to you or otherwise encroach in the conversation in an untoward manner...particularly since you're a long time DR person full of good knowledge and advice. But think you should read the complete, unadulterated series of posts before getting snippy. Ma'am.
Best, P

I can get frustrated though (really quickly) patience is not one of my virtues

Well, lets hope jessnyc has fun on her trip, after all this I hope we can see a nice report about it.