Which Hotel?????

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Dear Mr. Hollis:

In responsed to your mail, we want to inform you that Occidental Allegro Playa Real Hotel, since May, is not part of our Company so we can not give you a free stay there, as we promised, but I can ask the new Management to give me an special rate for you and your family.

I would rader prefer to give you the oportunity to visit one of our other properties in the Dominican Republic. Let us to give you the option to go to one of our hotels in Puerto Plata, or to Bavaro. Take a look in our web page http://www.occidental-hoteles.com ( Be aware that Jack Tar Village, one of the 4 hotels in Playa Dorada Complex is a hotel only for adults), and select one at your choise.

Let us know your decision as soon as possible, to make the reservation.

Thanks again for your trust.
Sincerely,
Bel?n G?mez
Gerente General
Hotel OCCIDENTAL El Embajador
Tel. (809) 221 21 31 Ext. 6131
Fax (809) 508 16 19

Bavaro Punta Cana
Occidental Allegro Punta Cana
Occidental Grand Flamenco Punta Cana

Puerto Plata
Occidental Allegro Jack Tar Puerto Plata
Occidental Allegro Playa Dorada
Occidental Caribbean Village Club on the Green
Occidental Grand Flamenco Puerto Plata
Occidental Allegro Playa Grande

Santa Barbara de Saman?
Occidental Gran Bah?a

Jack Tar Village is out, I want to go away with,3 kids, my Wife & I, which one would you choose???:confused::confused:

Thanks
Tim H.:cool:

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I am surprised you were not flooded with answers

I like POP, and I think that Allegro Playa Dorada is the old big hotel by the 10th fairway. It used to be the Radisson Inn or something like that. It is right on the beach and has lots to do. Very children friendly with a staff to look after them, if memory serves.

Far and away the most spectacular is the Gran Bah?a in Saman?. It is a Victorian structure-I took a class of arquitects there to look at the designs for authenticity- and it was featured on Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous with that bosomy, bad girl actress jennifer ?? she has a sister who acts, too?? And you get to see a beautiful piece of the country. I mean drop dead beeeuutiiful! Plus all the friends you have out there...Andy and Nicole for starters..

I don't know the East so no comment there.

HB

shootingstar2790

May 15, 2006
www.kassiecollett.piczo.com
i went to the occidental allegro playa grande and had the time of my life it is a little small and not booming with nightlife but always sumthing to do and i felt extremely safe.... no need to wory about loosing your kids. I would definatly recomend it!

shootingstar2790

May 15, 2006
www.kassiecollett.piczo.com
It was open as of april 2006 however i heard it was closing for the summer months and will be opening again in november.... thats how i understood it anyways. and then in april it will close to make som eresidental golf thingy ma jigger..... corect me if im wrong though!

faer

Jan 6, 2005
if going to Bavavro/Punta Cana, go to the Occidental Grand Flamenco Punta Cana, and ask for a special rate on Royal Club suite. Royal Club is mini resort within the whole complex, with it's own restaurant, a la carte lunch, exclusive beach and pool, and unlimited access to all gourmet restaurants (not restricted to 1 or 2 visits) Also, Royal club are apartments, so for your requirements you'll be getting a two bedroom apt, with living room, dining room, 2 balconies (no kitchen though), located front line to the beach. Also you get a fully loaded bar with rum, vodka, whisky and gin (big bottles, not the mini ones) and lots of soft drinks, service is excelent...so you won't miss a thing. Been there twice, and if going to Punta Cana, I'll choose it again....

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
maybe shooting star is really lost in outerspace...

i am pretty sure the OP isn't sitting around 3 years later still wondering which place to go to....

sometimes i love reading what people write on this board...:confused: