living in sto domingo (capitale)

henri

Sep 26, 2003
I have bee told to rent a 3 bedroom condo, security, park, electricity full in Gazcue, price should be about $700-900 per month...It seems stiff ?? Any advice, opinion, etc would be welcome
Thanks a lot

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
Rent in Santo Domingo

Hi Henry

Although I don't live in DR, I spoke about a month ago with a Spanish woman who lived there for many years, and who continues to travel frequentely to Sto. Domingo, and she told me that's what an apt. like the one you described rents for in an area like Gazcue or Pantini. It did seem a little bit high to me since I think that in Mexico City it would rent for about $600.00. However, Santo Domingo apts. must be really spacious and modern.

cwoodward3356

Oct 1, 2003
Hello Henry,

I have a brand new 4 bedroom, 3 bath, 2 car garage house in Santo Domingo for $250US a month.

Always have a person from that country negotiate rent for you, cause once they see you are not from that country, they are going to stick it to you.

Regards,

cwoodward3356

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
This I "GOTTA" see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

250 US Dollars a month???????????????????? I gotta see this one! What "Barrio" are you in??? I am dying to know!!!!!!??????Three things determine the value of a house:LOCATION,LOCATION,and LOCATION!!! I can only surmise that you live near "Charles DeGaul",or in Villa Mella!
Cris Colon

henri

Sep 26, 2003
apt

Thanks for your reply regarding cwoodward message
$250 a month ...So I would like to know the location ??
please keep informed

cwoodward3356

Oct 1, 2003
My house is in the Santo Domingo Oriental area and is in a gated community with houses from $70,000 - $150,000US. I

I don't know what people consider the "barrio", but my house here is just as nice as my house in Florida. I have luxury features like jacuzzi bathtubs, hot water heater, power generator, and air conditioning upstairs and downstairs.

I'm sure Gazcue is a nice community, but I'ts still in a third world country. Why pay first world rent in a third world country? This does not make sense to me.

cwoodward3356

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Wow!!!

I live outside the Capital, I have all the same things, mentioned above.

I pay $ 4000. pesos @ month, $ 121. U.S. dollars.
And that's for a corner house, in a cul-de-sac, neighborhood

Now the family renting my house in the El Million, are paying over $ 40,000. pesos @ month.

Thanks
Tim H.

P.S. Some people, would think that I live in a Barrio, or a Campo, I don't. Click on the link below, last picture on the page.
Media Gallery page

I got get some new pics up, of the AFTER!!!!

Last edited:

cwoodward3356

Oct 1, 2003
Ouer house is near the Mega Mall Plaza in Santo Domingo Oriental. I think this is the biggest or one of the biggest malls in Santo Domingo.

You will find plenty of private nice places to rent on this side of the bridge at good prices.

You can click here http://photos.yahoo.com/batikhut and then click on "My Hood" folder to view my neighborhood.

cwoodward3356