The New Kid on the Block

El Mamey

Oct 1, 2003
www.aguiluchos.com
Hi ALL,

New member, just joined this wagon.

I'm used to present myself when joining any community. Maybe this is not necessary, maybe is a bloated topic, but anyway, here I go.

I'm a Dominican man, 35yo, divorced, a little angel as my daugther, born and living in the DR (Santo Domingo). Working for a local newspaper in the Technology Dept. and willing to e-hang out with more dominicans and friends.

Besides the normal netiquette and Board rules, what else should I be aware of?

'Nuff said for now.

Be happy!

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
welcome

i suggest that if u have any questions that you do a search and look at our archives first.

may nights we get together at night and chat

once again, Bienvenidos

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2002
Welcome El Mamey. My advice would be just be yourself and join in any conversations that take your fancy. Just don't take anything you read here too seriously. You will soon learn who the bullsh***ers are and you will form you own opinions of them ;)

goatfarmnga

Bronze
Jun 24, 2003
:)

Welcome El Mamey, just post when ever you feel like you know ANYTHING about the subject matter. You will be one of the few actual Dominican people on here so I for one welcome your input on living life in the DR. :) PAM

Last edited by a moderator:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Welcome to DR1!

Don't take anything personally!Try to keep it related to the DR,it's people(Foreign & Domestic),it's culture,it's politics(do not advocate the direct violent overthrow of any government!)
Please visit the other "Forums" and introduce yourself!

This,the "General Stuff" forum, is open to a more lively "give and take" than some of the other forums!I believe the description says:NOT for the easily offended!

Try to "Disagree,Agreeably"!

As a Dominican male,your point of view on many issues will be very valuable.But please,say what you believe,not what you believe we want you to say!

Again,"WELCOME"! Cris Colon:cool:

El Mamey

Oct 1, 2003
www.aguiluchos.com
Not that I'm surprised of your warm welcome... I was somewhat expecting it ;)

Thanks to ALL for the welcome messages and suggestions, I'll try to keep up with the topics and make a comment or two sometimes.

goatfarmnga, Living here is a game of strategy and luck. You don't know what to expect from the Government (no matter who is the President), and if you got really lucky, you may even return safe at home without nobody crashing your car, or having a stroke after a normal visit to the supermarket.

Okey, more seriously (not that this is a joke at all), we are just living each day. People still get enough money to buy "romo" and play "Domin?" in any corner, but the truth is that most of us are deeply frustrated on the economic panorama.

Recently the blackouts have returned as the good ol' days, lasting from 10 to 24 hours each time. I'm not comparing situations here, but Newyorkers and Italians got huge blackouts recently, and the World was almost ending... But in my country a prolongued blackout is normal issue... it's only that now they're back as strong as in 1990-1991, and we don't expect a real solution any time soon.

But the good news is: We're in October! The Dominican Republic Winter Baseball Season is about to begin, and, believe it or not, this is like a big Advil to our crisis. :)

Well, more in future posts. You'll notice that I tend to write alot. I'm sorry if my English grammar or redaction is not as good as yours, but I'm trying to improve it... :)