Visas to the U.S.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
A freind of mine called me this morning(he's in DR) to say there was a push on to issue more visas to those that had a source of income in the U.S. I have not read or heard of any such plans.

Would appreciate any input

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Now what do YOU think???????????

Did he ask you to send him some money to apply?

OR......."Yes" it is TRUE! All Dominicans who have a source of income in the US can go directly to "Las Americas" and board American Airlines planes for their free flight to "Nueba Yol"

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc:confused:

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Re: Now what do YOU think???????????

Criss Colon said:
Did he ask you to send him some money to apply?

OR......."Yes" it is TRUE! All Dominicans who have a source of income in the US can go directly to "Las Americas" and board American Airlines planes for their free flight to "Nueba Yol"

No he didnt ask because he is a US citizen living large in a 4 bedroom house outside of Sto Dom. Sooo' I assume from your posting that his information is incorrect??

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
but why??

The original posting I made was a comment from a very informed guy living in the DR--He doesnt know the reason for the push either thats why I posted here.

Hope to get some informed input.

Formosano2000

Mar 5, 2003
johne said:
A freind of mine called me this morning(he's in DR) to say there was a push on to issue more visas to those that had a source of income in the U.S. I have not read or heard of any such plans.

Would appreciate any input

This is pure conjecture of course, but it seems the US has managed to alienate foreign visitors through all these security hassles and war on terrorism (real AND imagined) and cancellation of TROV program to such an extend that anybody who DOESN"T have to go to or through the US won't. This has got to hurt the bottomline in many local economies that rely on foreign visitors.

Bear in mind that Bush is seeking re-election next year and if the economy doen't pick up, he is likely to the same fate that befell his father.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Re: Re: Visas to the U.S.

Formosano2000 said:
This is pure conjecture of course, but it seems the US has managed to alienate foreign visitors through all these security hassles and war on terrorism (real AND imagined) and cancellation of TROV program to such an extend that anybody who DOESN"T have to go to or through the US won't. This has got to hurt the bottomline in many local economies that rely on foreign visitors.

Bear in mind that Bush is seeking re-election next year and if the economy doen't pick up, he is likely to the same fate that befell his father.

I can speculate on this - we have customers who are Swiss financiers and an investment house, very active in the Central and South America. They decided a few months ago that they will not deal with American customers, and will not fly through an American airport. These are successful businessmen and certainly not hysterical people. But apparently their Chairman was hassled just one too many time with all the security measures that are being implemented. So, if there is one business making this decision, there certainly will be others.

On the other hand, my son (South African passport, US permanent resident) had a devil of a time these last months getting a visa for Sweden to visit some long-standing friends and tour Europe for two months. So, this is not only the US. For the US, I am quite sure that the security measures are hurting the economy.