Good "Kid" Excursions

Scoobster

Sep 30, 2003
It seems to me that this is one of the best sites for info on the DR.

Could anyone let me know what are the best "kid" style day trips that are available there.
We are going to be in the Dorado's complex...and I have seen some listings for the Outback Safari, along with Paradise Island.
Tha lat time we were in the DR we went on the Dominican Discovery tour, which was amazing to say the least, but I dont think that the water-falls would be appropriate for the kids.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanking you in advance
Jimmy

sami

Aug 7, 2003
TRIPS FOR KIDS

you didn't say how old your children are, but.....
there is the Christopher Columbus Water Park, the go-carts.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Yes, age is important to know. I assume they must be quite young since you don't think the waterfall is appropriate, but we do need to know how old they are.

Scoobster

Sep 30, 2003
Thanks for the quick answers...and yes I totally forgot to mention my childrens ages.
They are both girls...11 and 9.
The reason that I counted out the water-fall trip was because my youngest has just started to swim, so I didnt think that she would be able to swim the channels.
Are the go-carts etc. close to the Play Dorado complex?
Is there a site to get local maps, or can I find them here?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The go-cart park is a short distance from Playa Dorada on the road to Sosua. You go out Playa Dorada gate and you will be at highway to Puerto Plata and Sosua. Turning left takes you to the Go Carts and Sosua.