Bagage

ryfool

Sep 13, 2003
Hiya people.
Only 12 days till im coming over! Just hada thought tho...some people somewhere mentioned about bag allowance..
My ticket it with airtours..and states that we are allowed 15kg EACH...does this mean 30kg in 1 suitcase would be ok? Or do we have to take singles. Im sure some1 said they had a few problems with this?
Please let me know thanks

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
baggage

Best bet is not to assume anything. Contact airtours direct and ask them. Regards, PJT

Dec 9, 2002
I've seen couples travel on JMC/Thomas Cook with just one huge bag, can't speak for Airtours tho. Just a word of warning, presumably you are flying out of LGW - don't go over your baggage limit - they will charge you ?8-?10 per kilo. It can work out v v expensive, and I speak from experience ;)

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Baggage Limits

Can't believe you'd need to bring even 15 Kg each?? You'll not want to wear too many clothes here - especially if you are on the North Coast!
We've had lots of visitors via LGW and none have ever had a problem.

Dec 9, 2002
I had never had a problem with luggage restrictions prior to May of this year either. I had always been over my limit previously too, so it came as a big shock back in May to have to pay it. I had been dropped off at the airport so couldn't even unpack anything to leave behind. Had I not paid the excess I wouldn't have a got my boarding pass, it was that simple! I complained to everyone in sight, but still got nowhere.

And 15kg isn't a lot either, especially if you are female and going for 2 or 3 weeks. Once you have taken into account the weight of the suitcase itself (even lightweight ones aren't), and the 14 pairs of footwear a girl has to have for a 14 night holiday, well, it doesn't leave much does it?

Carry on luggage is also now restricted to 5kgs. 5 kgs!!!! I tell you, the small trolley case I have always used as hand luggage weighs 2.5 kgs empty!

BTW, only joking about the footwear. Honest. ;)